Avira Premium free for six months.

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Arup, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GES/POR

GES/POR Registered Member

Thanks, even though im on a long vacation i took your advice right away on the suite.

2. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

The Suite is doing well here after several days, I am very satisfied so far. Will more than likely buy it when the trial ends...

3. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

Quick question- I am running Vista and I see that the Avira suite does not include a HIPS component. Is one needed or normally used? I don't think there are many HIPS for Vista but what I have currently has IDS (KIS trial). Any suggestions?

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

SSM is a good HIPS that runs on Vista. SSM + Avira would be a nice combo, but why not keep the KIS?

5. pykko

pykko Registered Member

it seems the offer is no longer available. :(

6. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

Nice. So it is possible to get a refund from the moment the free trial was available. But where do you draw the line, One,two,four weeks :shifty:

7. De Hollander

De Hollander Registered Member

8. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I just installed the 3 month version, and actually it's very very light! I'm amazed... Will mostly buy it.. I just hope I can get a REALLY good deal on this as a 3 user license...

9. trjam

trjam Registered Member

It is worth every penny.;)

10. Big Apple

Big Apple Frequent Poster

I think it's only fair to the buyers, not to offer a license for 6 month's and I'm happy they disabled that offer!

11. Beavenburt

Beavenburt Registered Member

This sent my Firefox CPU usage through the roof. I promptly went back to Avast and no such problem. It's a shame, I really like Avira and feel well protected by it. However, nothing matches up to Avast on my system.

12. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

I suspect that's more likely some kind of Firefox issue than any Avira issue. The Avira Premium doesn't even have an http scanner, so there's probably something else going on there.... no such probs here with it and Firefox...

13. Straight Shooter

Straight Shooter Registered Member

I have to agree.. I run Firefox too and I am now using the Security Suite. This is actually much lighter on my system than Avast (just the av) was, and my computer runs almost like there's no av at all..

If I want a 3 user 1 year license, does anyone know about how much that will be? I think it's around $110!

Can't nothing be done about that?
    Jim

14. Kerodo

Kerodo Registered Member

You should probably check with Avira on that, and see if they'll give you a break. I am giving a purchase of the Suite serious consideration myself..... just a single user license though..

15. SteveS335

SteveS335 Registered Member

Hello Jim,

It works out about $80 for three users, one year - Look here.

Steve

16. Diver

Diver Registered Member

IMO you don't need HIPS on Vista. Leave UAC enabled and read the prompts before you give permission. The main problem with either UAC or HIPS is understanding when a program is asking for permission to do something it should not need if it is legit. If you are installing some applet and UAC says it needs permission to install a driver, say no. You probably have malware.

17. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

Just to clear this up putting the Update.exe as Trusted Application instead of partial allow seems to have solved my update issue. I have seen no more update problems. :thumb:

18. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

Thanks for the info
    I have been using Avira Premium ( previous 6 months free key)
    and now , I have switched to Security Suite
    and still dont know if that was the right decision
    I ve been updateing a few times already and it is still saying update not performed o_O ( Search engine 17.09.2007 and Virus def. file 13.09.2007)
    One more question :)
    How to configure WebGuard ?

19. Jarmo P

Jarmo P Registered Member

I just renewed my premium AV from AntiVir, well last week I think from the offer.
    It is a good AV and has worked for me very well past six months.

Security suites are not a thing for me, but I guess Avira's is ok.
    Hope you get some answers though this thread is about only AV. It is not too much sidestep to hurt my or anyones eyes I think.

Jarmo

20. newAntiVir

newAntiVir Registered Member

thanks for posting about this. it's great to be able to try this out for 6 months. just one question. i've had it on for a few days and it's running fine, but, i'm wondering if i can turn off automatic updates. i can't seem to find an option for setting manual update only or even update frequency. can it be changed or is it always automatic update on its own schedule?

21. JohnnyBravo

JohnnyBravo Registered Member

Go to Scheduler and deactivate daily update

22. Leo2005

Leo2005 Registered Member

well in that case would be better to ask in our forum. will be easier there.
    move to the configuration (expert mode) > webguard

23. mercurie

mercurie A Friendly Creature

JohnnyBravo,
    I have a similar issue. I had a scheduled system scan this A.M. and the status still reads "NOT PERFORMED" Reports shows it. Scheduler shows it. o_O That is strange. :blink: Anyone know how to fix and is this a known issue. :doubt:

24. Thug21

Thug21 Registered Member

As far as I know, the "system scan" alert displayed in the control center is not happy unless you start a scan from there. It's a bug.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
  25. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

what bout if we got in on the 6months is it still valid? not sure if should run Antivir preimium or AVG suite both work fine although the suite avg is a little more resources although i have 2gig so no issue really , which has the better AS module, avg finds cookies too seem's to do a good job descions ahhhhhh MD :doubt:

Last edited: Sep 29, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.