Avira portal showing 0 licenses ... is it just me?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by nameless, Aug 24, 2016.

1. nameless

nameless Registered Member

I'm going a little crazy trying to get a problem with Avira sorted out. I had an active license, valid through 2018 for crying out loud, but the portal showed 0 Antivirus Pro licenses available:

wth01.png

wth02.png

I emailed Avira support and went back and forth a couple times, then decided it would be easier to just buy another license. So I did; I bought another year's license of Antivirus Pro. I asked them to combine the license periods, which they did.

But then, it was back as it was. The portal shows 0 licenses for Antivirus Pro.

Email Avira support again, and they tell me that it shows 0 licenses because I purchased only 1 license and am using it. But no, first of all, I don't have Avira installed at all right now on any Windows device. Second, before they combined the licenses, the new license showed in the portal as having 1 available. Third (and only as an aside), I purchased 1 Antivirus Pro for Android license, have that installed on my phone, and the portal still shows 1 Antivirus Pro for Android license available. (Why, I don't know. And I don't care.)

Is it just me?

I am only concerned with the portal right now, not how the product will appear and work once installed. I want to be able to view the portal on my phone, and ... do I really need to defend why, when I buy a license, I should have a license?

How do I convey that I bought a license, and yet it says I have no license? I've tried, several times, and they do not seem to understand me.

What's worse is that in the portal, if I go to "My Account" and then "Products", Antivirus Pro shows as an active product. So, the portal does not even agree with itself.

2. nameless

Hold the phone! I think I finally conveyed the issue, and they're working on it.

3. Spartan

Spartan Registered Member

nope, my license appears just fine

2016-08-25_132224.png

4. Cmhelper

Cmhelper Registered Member

Hi nameless,
    This is indeed an issue with the online dashboard and has been forwarded to the development.
    Sorry for the caused confusion!

5. nameless

Still waiting for this issue to be corrected, with no further reply from Avira.

Thanks, but as I mentioned, the portal also shows mine as being active and having plenty of time remaining in that location (over 1,000 days as I write this). It's on the landing page that it says there are no licenses available.

upload_2016-9-4_16-54-12.png

Thank you.

6. nameless

Still nothing. The response from Avira support was over 2 weeks ago.

I don't get it. At all. If I ignored a customer like this, I'd be reprimanded or out of a job.

Is it really that high of a mountain to climb? My goodness!

7. LocoSec

LocoSec Registered Member

I've talked to @Cmhelper and our dev. dept. is still on it.

8. nameless

October 22. Still not fixed.

9. nameless

November 22. Still not fixed.

10. Cmhelper

Cmhelper Registered Member

Hi, Sorry to hear that you still experience this dashboard issue. Please check your message inbox for further analyze.

11. nameless

February 8. Still not fixed.

I had a phone call with an Avira rep about 6 weeks ago. It was a complete waste of time. She simply had me open the portal using the Avira tray icon, which is something I've done many times over and reported many times over. She explicitly told me that the product is working fine, so it doesn't matter that my PC doesn't show in the portal. At the end of the call, she was laughing, although I have no idea why, but I found it extremely rude.

I almost forgot to mention that I cannot even log into the portal directly. I can log in if I open it from the tray icon, but if I go directly to my.avira.com, I enter my credentials, and then it gives me a page saying I need to enter an authentication code that was supposedly sent to me via SMS. The problem is I never receive any SMS. I've hit "resend" about a billion times. I'm not blocking messages. It just isn't being sent and/or received. My phone number is correct in the portal.

I'm seriously considering permabanning Avira at this point, as I have with *itdefender and Symantec. First, I'll need a refund for my latest Avira purchase, which I only made in hopes of getting my PC to show in the portal.

12. nameless

I'm posting this only for other Avira users who might have the same issue.

I FINALLY got this working, without really trying. I used the "Installed programs" feature of Total Uninstall to remove Avira Connect, because I dislike running useless software. Then I found that avgnt.exe would not show a tray icon on its own. Fun stuff. I'm sure that's intentional.

So I reinstalled the latest version of Avira Connect (you win again, Avira!). Right clicked the Avira Connect tray icon, selected "Log in", logged into the portal, and my PC appears in the portal now.

I had tried this process before, at least once, when the application was called Avira Launcher. It did not change anything at the time.

It must be nice to be able to just tell a customer that their issue isn't worthy of attention, and then just literally laugh at and ignore them. I can't do that in my current position. And I wouldn't do it even if I could. Yes, I'm angry about this. Not because it was a critical issue, but because of the effort and time I invested, until I ultimately resolved it on my own.

I'm not checking for replies, ever.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2017
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.