Avira Free + Comodo Free + Prevx1 Paid

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Frank the Perv, Oct 27, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Avira Free + Comodo Free + Prevx1 Paid = Better security than any standard security suite* provides for less money?

I believe so.

As the board well knows, Avira free is an outstanding AV product beating many of the paid AVs. I was skeptical at first, but I am now a believer.

And Comodo free is powerful, configurable and leak free.

Prevx1 is an up and coming product that seemingly identifies malware of all sorts before most AVs and blocks it.

Of course I can't prove it, but I'll guess that this combination would provide better security than NOD or KAV or BitDefender or any other internet security suite (including BullGuard) for fewer $$.

*Standard paid AV and paid firewall (not including other products in this scenerio)

2. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

I don't use Prevx.
    Avira free + Comodo firewall is indeed an excellent setup.:thumb:

3. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Frank you are right.

4. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

Do all the proponents of KAV, NOD, Bitdefender and others concur then that the setup I proposed provides more units of protection for fewer units of currency?

I don't actually have this setup, but I think I'm going to set my parent's computer up this way.

5. greenhorn113

greenhorn113 Registered Member

Are you sure re Comodo?,I test any firewall on sites such as pcflank and it didn't fare well with open ports and lack of browser privacy.

6. tobacco

tobacco Frequent Poster

No disrespect intended here but looking at your main setup - 'McAfee AV & Firewall', i would say your parent's computer would have the better protection.

7. EsoxLucius

EsoxLucius Registered Member

Do you really think a better sollution is to pay for Prevx and use free comodo and avira?? Do you realize that Avira didn't even got the OK from VBulletin, "Status: FAIL
    Result history: Avira Product name: Avira AntiVir Windows Server 2003/2000/NT v. 6.35" and that's the server version :eek:

At least BitD, Kav and Nod are more mature and BD has offers with 2users/2years that are very covenient. You should really look-upp some other possibilities than your current setup.

8. Alphalutra1

Alphalutra1 Registered Member

In order to get a VBulletin award, you have to detect all of the malware, and have no false positives. If you fail in any of those two, even once, then it is considered a fail. Check out www.av-comparatives.org/ and you will see why people are beginning to like Antivir ;)

Cheers,

Alphalutra1

9. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    You don't need Prevx in that setup.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.