Avira flagging PrevxCSIupdate as Adware?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Cutting_Edgetech, Dec 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

Avira is flagging the PrevxCSIUpdate file as Adware. I believe it is a false positive, but i'm not sure. Is anyone else receiving an alert from Avira flagging this file as a threat? I tried to get an MD5, and SHA1 checksum, but it will not allow me to access the file to do so. I'm also unable to run virus total at the moment due to their traffic being too high to allow any uploads at the moment.

Attached Files:

2. Motherroad

Motherroad Registered Member

I sent this in yesterday and I am waiting for the results. Probably a false positive. Just got the email. It is a false positive.
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2010
  3. Cutting_Edgetech

Thanks for the info Motherroad!
  4. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! I received the same Adware alert from Avira yesterday. I sent an alert too Prevx support. I also suspect it's a false positive...I certainly hope so. Sincerely...Securon
  5. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

I got the same adware alert from avira last night.. kinda shocking tho:rolleyes:
  6. Securon

Securon Registered Member

Good Evening ! The strange thing is it's being flagged not so much as prevxcsi...but I have Prevx 3.0 with Safe-On Line...and while scanning with Avira, Prevx started a scan that's when Avira kicked in ...maybe there's some sort of conflict between the two apps. Sincerely...Securon
  7. Kernelwars

Kernelwars Registered Member

seems like it:rolleyes:
  8. Cutting_Edgetech

I'm using Prevx 3.0 with Safeonline also. I believe the particular file being flagged is a common file found in all versions of Prevx. I believe it must have been flagged shortly after receiving one of the recent signature updates. Motherroad already stated above it was a false positive.
  9. Triple Helix

Triple Helix Webroot Product Advisor

All AV's get FP's no big deal just report them through the proper channels! ;)

TH
  10. Nevis

Nevis Registered Member

i have also reported
    hope to be fixed soon
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.