AVG password not coming?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by Ben4, Nov 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben4

Ben4 Guest

I DL'd this program last night and no password arrived. Then I figured I must have entered the address wrong. I re-registered today and used another email address, which I KNOW was correct. Hours have passed and again no serial number to iniate the install.

Should I wait longer or should I just dump this and try another? I welcome suggestions for an easier to install program. (I have read the voting thread). Thanks.

2. Bethrezen

Bethrezen Registered Member

hi

unless this is a problem on there end the probable reason ya haven't received ya id number so ya can install avg is because ya may have made a typo during the reg process

coz when i registered as a user of avg the first time i tried to register my serial number never came either so i registered again with an email i knew worked and it arrived with in minutes of resubmitting my form

so if ya haven't gotten it ya might want to try sending ya self something to the email addey ya intend to use for registration to make sure its working then try resubmitting if that don't work try emailing avg tech support

as for whether ya should get another av ya get what ya pay for if ya want a free av then generally avg is regarded at the best free av ya can get so id stick avg

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

I re-registered recently because I had problems with my AVG during an upgrade made a few weeks back. The email came immediately. Here is a screen shot of it showing what it looks like. Note the From address (I've entered the actual From info next to it: grisoft @ grisoft.com)

Do you have any type of spam blockers at all that may be preventing non authorized emails from coming in?

Like Bethrezen mentioned, you should try sending yourself mail at the address you used to see if there is a backlog on your email server delaying email. That's all I can think of at the moment.

Attached Files:

4. ben4

ben4 Guest

TYVM for the fast responses.

There is no chance I made mistake on the email addresses and there are no filters for spam on either. There must be a problem with the site.

I thank you much for providing me with that email address (grisoft@grisoft.com). I sent a short note and I'm sure the problem will be corrected in short order.

I do have another AV program, it is McAfee. I have not read a whole lot of kind remarks about McAfee, which is why I was trying to find a reliable back-up. Thx again!

5. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Actually, I provided the from address simply for the chance to check any email filters you might have had. I don't know if they accept email at that address or not. They may, I just don't know since I've never sent them email.

There is a support link on the left side of the main page. Click the link that says "Contact AVG Technical Support" at the page below. It has multiple means of contacting them.

http://www.grisoft.com/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.