AVG/Ewido People, Get it Together!

Discussion in 'ewido anti-spyware forum' started by DVD+R, May 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

OK You AVG/ Ewido People, get your thumbs outta your Asses, and Sort out this Update Issue,:ninja: AVG has for the last 3 Days Told me it is Downloading Updates, Yet not One Byte of Update Data has been Recieved by My Computer. I want this Bloody thing Updated, So Shuffle your Ass, and get it Working!!! :cautious:

2. coolbluewater

coolbluewater Registered Member

It worked for me when I tried it yesterday.
    Just make sure angermanagement.exe and patience.exe are also enabled.

3. Steel

Steel Registered Member

Sorry, but DVD+R was right. The Update Problems still exist. Also the kind of communication from the AVG/ Ewido Guys. Innumerable Threads and complaints brought so far nothing at all. It is a dishonor which runs off here. For weeks only tests, promises. But in fact, nothing of it is up to grants happened.

4. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

5. railroader66

railroader66 Registered Member

Thanks for the information Firecat :thumb:
    Why is Ewido not telling that on the forum ?
    I hope the new version will be ready verry soon, because i think Ewido is a verry good product.

regards from railroader66

6. Steel

Steel Registered Member

This is the jumping point.

7. Don Pelotas

Don Pelotas Registered Member

Because this forum has zero importance for AVG, there is no official presence here, only frustrated users and Grisoft clearly do not give a damn about ewido (AVG AS), no new versions in a year in a fast moving malware world and this new version apparantly only contains a fix to the updater (if the info Firecat got is correct), if they did give a damn they would have addressed this a long time ago and developed the program in general. ;) :)

8. Steel

Steel Registered Member

They are quite here and read regularly also. But they do not have it any longer necessarily to communicate direct to their customer.

9. Firecat

It seems I was not clear enough in my previous post.:)

The version of AVG AS to be released soon should also include Windows Vista and x64 compatibility. :)

10. Don Pelotas

Thats what i meant.

11. Don Pelotas

No, you were very clear. :)

It's just unfortunate that 1 year since the takeover was not enough to actually enhance the product, beyond merely making it Vista/XP 64bit ready & fixing a bug (the updater).

12. stapp

stapp Global Moderator

I cannot believe that AVG is letting such a good product be erroded like this through lack of support from them.

Ewido (as I still think of it) has such a good interface, lots of things like shredders, process lists and other extras besides its first class original purpose.

Even though I don't have the update problem, I cannot understand why they are letting this product have such negative reports on this forum without wanting to put it right.

You get the feeling that they are just marking time until some sort of announcement which may confirm our suspicions.

13. EliteKiller

EliteKiller Registered Member

AVG AM & AVG IS uses the Ewido engine. Neither have update issues, and both work on Vista. It's obvious they only choose to offer mainstream chop-chop support for their main bread-n-butter apps.

14. Firecat

No, actually AVG AS 7.5 does use the Grisoft Akamai servers, but the updating method is different for AVG AM and AVG AS, which I think is part of the problem.

15. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks: Trying not to pour cold water over this issue, but just can not help. As I have said along, AVG AS is a by-product of AVG 's empire making. Along the way( one year plus a bit change), AVG has secured what they are looking for. Just like a pathologist dissects something ,gets what he wants and sews it back in, not like a surgeon. Then put it on life support. Most AVG AS's users are using free version, especially in China(where a payware could easily cost an average person's weekly paycheque). Slipping revenue from its paid version could no longer justify its normal daily operation; its fate is already written on the wall somewhere. Unless I read it upside down, its days on life support is very much numbered. The final nail is awaitiing the command to spike for the last time- the curtain time, folks. :oops:

16. vinzenz.ewido

vinzenz.ewido former ewido team

Hi there folks,

we're reading all your complains and problems all the time. We were working hard on porting AVG AS to 64-Bit and to Windows Vista.

We had to change a lot internally because of several things which meant a huge effort in development. These major changes brought a lot of unexpected bugs and other problems which forced us to wait with the release until it is stable enough for release.

We also know that the issue with the updates is a major (critical) problem and we have made changes to AVG AS that in future the update will be much more reliable.

Since AVGAS is still based on the technology ewido networks has developed, it is true that AVGAS uses a different update mechanism than the other Grisoft Products.

Again, we're really sorry for the inconvenience.

As Peter wrote in another thread, the release date of the new version will be next week.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 2, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.