AVG AV 2011 Pro bug?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by m00nbl00d, Nov 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

**NOTE**: I'm not AVG client, and therefore there's no way I can contact their support, and at if I post this at AVG Free forum, it will just be closed, so I won't loose my time with it.

This was found in Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit; standard user account; UAC maximum settings.

When testing AVG AV 2011 Pro (The same applies to the suite.), I found a bug with AVG SysTools Service (avgsystx.exe), which will make impossible to terminate any process (think of malware).

This service is bound to AVG Identity Protection component (AVG AV 2011 Free lacks this part of Identity Protection.)

Open AVG AV Pro/IS user interface, and open the component Tools. There will be a tab named "Processes", which would be open if we also first open Identity Protection component and chose to go to Show monitored processes...

Try to termite a process.

I don't know how this would affect the Identity Protection of AVG AV 2011 Free o_O I mean, the Identity Protection component of AVG AV Free is monitoring the processes, so I guess that the tab is just "killed" in the free version, despite the fact it is "there". Not sure, though. o_O

Anyway, see if you can reproduce it.

Thanks.

P.S: I hope this to be the proper section of the forum to post this.

2. m00nbl00d

m00nbl00d Registered Member

~ Removed Off Topic Quote and Response ~

Anyway, moderators could just close the thread, considering what I wanted to let AVG AV/IS users to know has been mentioned and there's nothing more to add. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2010
  3. JRViejo

JRViejo Super Moderator

Removed Off Topic Posts & Response. As requested by m00nbl00d, thread is closed. Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.