AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5 v Spy Sweeper 5.0/5.2

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by DVD+R, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DVD+R

DVD+R Registered Member

Now this is really having me back and forth,and sometimes using both. Spy Sweeper is good,but the upgrade needs a minimum of 256MB RAM from v5.0/5.2 and has browser shields etc.. AVG is also good, and uses recomended preferences to remove malware. The thing is this! I have a licence for both,and both expire in Oct 2009, I got both companies to extend my subscriptions to 3 yrs :cool: However I hate the 5.2 with the option to install Anti-Virus, cant see why they didnt leave it the hell alone, it was fine without that add/on. but it is also using too much memory in my view,also it has issues with Outpost 4 which incidently I have a lifetime subscription.My question is, is AVG or dose AVG block installations like Spy Sweeper does? I've noticed Sly Sweeper block a malicious program trying to install itself, but I havent witnessed AVG do it yet, Can anyone confirm for sure if it does or it doesnt :blink:

2. Mrkvonic

Mrkvonic Linux Systems Expert

Hello,
    If you are running two programs at the same time, there is a fair chance one will catch something - first - and leave nothing for the other one. If you want to check their performance, run only one in real time and test it over an extensive period of time. Then repeat with the other.
    Mrk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.