AVG a natural for vista

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by larryb52, Sep 21, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larryb52

larryb52 Registered Member

I am trialing AVG+ firewall, not too interested in the firewall but this runs well on Vista & extremely llight good system performance. It has always been knocked as not being up to par with the big AV's but it's recent #'s perhaps mean I should give this a look.. Has anyone here had good or bad experiences with it?

2. Firecat

Firecat Registered Member

AVG+firewall has lower detection rates than the AVG Anti-Malware product, which is what is tested at AV-test and AV-comparatives nowadays. Even so, the AVG engine in AVG+firewall is pretty good by itself though.

AVG has always been light and fast for me with excellent value for money; I am extremely impressed by it. :)

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

If you don't need the firewall then avg anti-malware is a good option. Its run great on every system i've used it on.

4. Diver

Diver Registered Member

Silverman, who has the computer column at the Houston Chronicle (and syndicated elsewhere) recommended AVG free with Vista. He was using Windows Defender for spyware and the built in Vista firewall.

I have not seen any tests on using Windows Defender in conjunction with any AV to see how the combination does.

5. C.S.J

C.S.J Massive Poster

i agree, if the OP is not interested in the firewall, anti-malware is the place to go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.