AVG 6 Free not checking all files

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by ldantus, Jun 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ldantus

ldantus Registered Member

I use AVG 6.0 Free and found the following results, is this normal?

Results of Complete Test, date and time 6/20/2003 2:01:30 :

Testing C:\ serial 34B8-91D4
    C:\HIBERFIL.SYS Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\NTUSER.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\ntuser.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\USRCLASS.DAT Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\WINDOWS\UsrClass.dat.LOG Cannot open; not checked!
    C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM.LOG Cannot open; not checked!

Test finished, duration 00:36:00.1 s
    84331 objects tested, 0 found infected

Thanks!

2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Yes, that is normal. Files that are open and locked by another program can not generally be scanned by any other application. Some AV packages may not display warning messages, others do. If you look in the Eset section you'll see people asking the same question about the system paging file not being scanned by NOD32.

Earlier today, I was scanning an old Windows 95 system with F-Prot for DOS and it gave me that warning regarding the Windows 9x paging file. It's nothing to be concerned about.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.