avast

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by bevS, Feb 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bevS

bevS Registered Member

hi :) i am running win me,ie6 have spybot,adaware,spyware guard,spywareblaster. also have avast home version 4.5. can anyone tell me why it does not show up in the list of running tasks? when i hit ctrl alt del, it isn,t there.should it be? it is working just wondered why it isn't in the list. :doubt: thanks

2. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Do you get warning when you try to download EICAR sample?

3. toadbee

toadbee Registered Member

The processes aren't called avast.exe. i'm sorry I don't have it on this machine, but you should see something like "ashDisp.exe" and/or "ashServ.exe" and/or "aswUpdSv.exe" running :)

4. bevS

bevS Registered Member

yes,i get the warnings. i know it is working.when i use some programs such as belarc advisor they say there is no anti virus information available.has me puzzled.when i used avg,it showed up in the list.also,avast is checked in the start up and is in the task bar. probably not a big deal just curious. thanks for posting a reply. :)

5. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Do you have tray icons (that blue spinning ball with "a" inside) ?

6. bevS

bevS Registered Member

hi,i have these files in the avast folder but,not on the list when i push ctrl alt delete.the only thing on there is explorer, systray and this site. thanks. :)

7. bevS

bevS Registered Member

yes it is there in the tray.i have it set to update manualy.could that be the reason? thanks

8. JimF

JimF Registered Member

You need to look under the "Processes" tab. I think you are looking in the Applications tab of the Windows Task Manager.

9. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

Aha i just noticed you're using Win9x (WinMe if i'm precise).
    I don't think that WinMe basic task manager shows avast! components since they are not an active window but system process.
    WinNT shows all running processes.
    As i have asked your avast! detects EICAR sample and tray icons are visible.
    Thats enough for me to say that avast! is fully operational on your PC.
    Don't worry if you don't see avast! in the list of running programs,those two factors above are more important.

10. bevS

bevS Registered Member

:) ok,thanks a lot guys.like i said,it wasn't a problem.just couldn't see why belacr advisor said i didn't have av.it is working and that is all that matters.thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.