Avast or Etrust CA

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by maddawgz, Aug 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi out of those 2 which is better thanks...I noticed that Avast home , doesnt have the checkmark 1 or 2 though ? MD

2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

id choose avast. its far more configurable, free, and it does fairly well in the av-comparative tests.

also i see ur now comparing etrust to avast? whereas u previously posted about avg pro.

if ur going to ever ask about antivir, it would be my top choice. it has good heuristics and detection rates and its lighter than avast.

3. dah145

dah145 Registered Member

I prefer Avast, I think Avast is lighter than Etrust if I am not wrong. :D

4. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

i think etrust is lighter actually, but avast has several modules so it could be even.

5. TAP

TAP Registered Member

Why avast! doesn't have any Checkmark certifications?

Read this http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1488.msg8918#msg8918

I personally believe that avast! Home offers better & stronger protection against malware (viruses, worms, trojans, adware, spyware, riskware) than eTrust (both Vet and Inoculate engine). eTrust Antivirus has been used in our corporate network, it offers good protection against ITW and other most dangerous malware but rather poor in Zoo malware (including adware, spyware, riskware).

We've been considering to replace eTrust with AVG Network Edition (or other better AV solution) as AVG offers more protection against adware, spyware and other Zoo malware than eTrust, and AVG is also cheaper which is good for our corporate budget, with eTrust we have to use eTrust PestPatrol Anti-spyware separately.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  6. maddawgz

maddawgz Registered Member

hi thanks all yes was comparing avg earlier.... TAP i see u like Avg why not replace Etrust with Avast?? i do too its light but i gotta admit Avast is quite suprising and has a few features i dont mind.. im quite suprised how light... although i got a shock when it found 1 thing and screamed at me in a voice lol..i didnt know it talked.... :eek: :eek: after fiddling with a few im down to Avast and Avg..lol....... Trend just didnt do it for me no more since ive realised there is lighter options much better browsing ! unlike avg i like the http scanner too. and Im sheilds only seen that in Nod32 , how did it fess up in comparitives avast? thnks. thanks MD

Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  7. the Tester

the Tester Registered Member

Avast or Etrust? Avast.
    Avast or AVG? Avast.
    I prefer AntiVir of the free av programs.

8. RejZoR

RejZoR Lurker

avast! all he way. Superb tech support and very good detection.
    Works great out of the box but also offers loads of settings for those hardcore tweakers.

9. strangequark

strangequark Registered Member

I ran Etrust for a few years before I switched to Avast about 2 years ago. For me Avast wins hands down, and it's free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.