Avast Fantastic Support

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Apr 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

In Sep 2012 I bought a license for Avast Pro from Downloadcrew. I have been using it on my laptop, but a few days ago I got curious as to how BullGuard would run on it.
    I removed Avast Pro and installed BG. In a couple of days I decided that BG was OK, but I prefer Avast Pro, partially for the Safe Zone browser.

Accordingly, I removed BG, and installed Avast Pro. However, when I tried to activate it with the license I had the response was that the license had expired.

I contacted Avast Support and within an hour received an email with a new license for the remaining time on the old license.

That is the best and fastest response I have ever received from any company.
    GREAT AND THANKS AVAST SUPPORT.

Jerry

2. spywar

spywar Registered Member

Hi,

Great to know everything seems good for you ;)

3. er34

er34 Guest

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: Hope you showed them your appreciation , Jerry

4. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Yes, with email reply and on the Avast forum plus here.
    Jerry

5. JRCATES

JRCATES Registered Member

:thumb:

That is definitely good to hear. Glad to know that they treated a paying customer right.

Also, good for you for giving them some props and kudos here publicly. People are quick these days to criticize and complain when a business doesn't treat the customer right or is less than honorable....but rarely will people go out of their way to say nice things about a business for doing the right thing. So it's nice to see you giving them some recognition for doing the right thing in this instance. :thumb:

Last edited: Apr 18, 2013
  6. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks. I agree.
    Jerry

7. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Thanks for sharing, Jerry. Great customer support means a LOT. And it's often an overlooked fact in the antivirus/internet security discussion. Unfortunately, most of us have probably discovered that the hard way at least once...

8. Rompin Raider

Rompin Raider Registered Member

Life is good!!!:thumb:

9. javagreen

javagreen Registered Member

It's important to understand that I'm not trying to bash the OP here, but why are we so quick to heap praise on companies for such instances, when ideally this sorta issue shouldn't even have occurred?

It all feels like Norton to me, their product/customer support is fantastic but no amount of quality support can compensate for an inherently ~ Snipped as per TOS ~ product.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 19, 2013
  10. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

I agree with the post above. This issue just should not occur. You must wait for your paid license to be activated again? I would understand your feeling of gratitude if there were some mistake on your part and they promptly fixed it.

11. The Hammer

The Hammer Registered Member

Stuff happens and in this case it was Avasts fault but they moved to solve it quickly. Hats off to them for doing so.

12. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Note that my praise is for Avast Support.

I agree that the license should not have been "expired," but I have known of similar things to happen with Norton and Kaspersky in the past with a real struggle to get satisfaction. My son had it happen with Norton, and just gave up. In this case it was within an hour. How many AV Support responses have you gotten within the hour? I would suspect none.

From posts on forums it is difficult to ever get much help from the Kaspersky Support folks.

So I continue to praise Avast Support for prompt and satisfactory assistance.:thumb:

Regards,
    Jerry

13. mhl6493

mhl6493 Registered Member

Amen to that. In my experience, I found their forum completely useless.

14. JRCATES

This is the main reason that I decided NOT to try Kaspersky. I've been hearing FOR YEARS how Kaspersky customer support simply isn't there, and from visiting their forums I can tell that providing help and answers isn't their strong suit. Then, add that being friendly and courteous is practically non-existent at their forum and I decided that no matter how good their antivirus software is, I simply didn't want to risk encountering a problem like what you did with Avast! because I doubt it would have been handled like Avast! handled it!

15. Solarlynx

Solarlynx Registered Member

Then how's support for Avast free? Only forum?

16. aztony

aztony Registered Member

Forum support for the Free. But the support there is good. I was a long time Avast user until the release of version 7 and have since ditched it, but can't take anything away from their forum support.

17. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I cannot argue with your rationale, JR. From other forums many otherwise good AVs have such poor customer service that I also don't want to fool with them.

I had that experience with Bit Defender probably 12 years or so ago, and decided not to try them again. I did load it yesterday, but did not see any reason to change from Avast.

I have not had problems with KIS, but do not expect any support from the Tech Support folks if I do, and will just dump it.
    I think the forum support was better a few years ago, but now there is very little technical help there.

Customer support is so very important in everything we buy or use, but some companies either do not realize it or don't care. It has kept me from buying some brands of cars in the past.

Regards,
    Jerry

18. JRCATES

Hi Jerry....when you say you loaded Bitdefender, did you install a trial version from the web? And how was the installation process? I watched a YouTube video that made it seem more difficult to download and install Bitdefender than I would think any antivirus needs to be....but perhaps they were simply using a different method or process than most. I'm also wondering whether downloading and installing from a CD would be a better option than directly from the web o_O

EDIT: I just ran across this. Notice the "CON". Now I don't feel so inept :p

http://bitdefender-antivirus.en.softonic.com/

Last edited: Apr 19, 2013
  19. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Hi JR,
    I did not find the download and install troublesome. I have MBAM Pro on the machine, and was a little surprised that BD did not want it removed. The last time I had used BD it had crashed and the BD support folks insisted I remove all other amti-malware applications, and even my firewall. I was using the BD AV, and was not going to operate without a firewall.

I thought I might trial it as BullGuard had run well, but did not have the Safe Money module I wanted. However, I could not figure out how to use it in BD. I'm sure I could have received help to be able to use it, but had just wanted to see if it worked OK on my laptop. It did not cause problems, but I did not leave it on to really make a fair trial.

Hope this helps,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.