AV-Test July/August results

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by thanhtai2009, Sep 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Exactly. 32 FPs in July. This is up from the May/June report.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2012
  2. TonyW

TonyW Registered Member

Then down to zero the following month... we have to look at all the figures, not just home in on this and that. If it continued on a high number then we'd have something to complain about.

As a side note, I've never seen any of these FPs. That doesn't mean they didn't exist. Just that in a real-life situation one probably wouldn't come across that many as the testers did.

3. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Now wait a minute. When Webroot began testing, it had quite a few FPs. We were told the FP problem was solved. This has gone on for quite some time. Even though there are no FPs for August, the fact there are still some FPs in July tell me the FP problem still exists. When Webroot can go through several tests with no FPs for either month, I will be convinced the FP problem is gone.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

If I have not seen a strong improvement in malware removal, and 0 day detection in V6 then yes I will be switching. They have until my license runs out in March.

5. carat

carat Guest

Well done Kaspersky! :) The MSE protection results are not that good ...

6. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

because MSE is just an upgraded Windows Defender, and sucks in detection

7. Cutting_Edgetech

True, but they have 0 false positives for August which is the latest results. To me I would consider that improvement in false positives. Only time will tell. We will have to see in the next test results to see if they continue to improve.

8. Thankful

Thankful Savings Monitor

Agreed.

9. Brandonn2010

Brandonn2010 Registered Member

Avast! still doing well, but AVG keeps doing better as far as protection. However Avast! does better than AVG on AV-Comparatives.

Surprised BitDefender wasn't given a 6 on Protection, considering it got the same scores as Kaspersky, just with Kaspersky getting 100 on all parts on July, and 98 99 the second, while BD had 98 on one part in July and 99 on another in August.

10. Cutting_Edgetech

I think if you look at the majority of independent testing companies you will find that Kaspersky has consistently been performing in the top 3 spots, and many times coming in #1. Kaspersky has been performing extremely well in detection, and removal consistently for at least 2 years. The fact that the results are coming from several different sources, and the results are over a substantial length of time proves they are one of the best traditional AV's available at this time. If Kaspersky will run well on your setup then I would definitely suggest using them.

11. Sher

Sher Registered Member

Kaspersky on top. )

12. berryracer

yeah just bought a 3 user / 1 year license for Kasperky after seeing these results

now i feel safer than when I had ESS installed

13. trjam

trjam Registered Member

For once, I agree with you my friend.:thumb:

14. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

And they say ads doesn't work :blink:

15. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

agree about kaspersky detection but when i want a brand new system to run like its 5 years old then and only maybe would i go back to kaspersky, everyone said how light 2013 was compared to 2012 i tested it and i sure dont see that. imo the last light kaspersky was 2009 and prior. again i do agree about protection it is one of the best but im not willing to sacrifice my system for it and im not specifically speaking about only kaspersky here there are others i feel the same way about

anytime you want to pass on that eset lic berry it will sure go to a good home you just let me know :D

16. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

Kaspersky is great. But with every version its the same old thing. Drags down your system. May not be at first but give it time. I hate that about Kaspersky products.

17. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Sorry to hear of your problems but this slowdown is not seen on all machines and I have found that KIS becomes lighter in time, particularly after an initial scan.

I have found it is very sensitive to previous AV installs so I always use the official specific removal tools after a normal uninstall. Moreover you may decide not to enable all protection components in KIS if you have a layered defense which will improve performance.

At the present time I have found KIS 2013 very light and I have been using KAV/KIS on and off since AVP(KAV) 3. With my Bank offering free copies I am very happy with this choice so far; great detection, performance light and nothing to pay.

18. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Absolutely no slowdowns on my computer.kaspersky runs like a charm.Depends on your system specs i would think.:blink: :ninja:

19. Aventador

Aventador Registered Member

I have more then enough power. This is across various machines and not just the same pc. Look in there forums. People have been complaining about system slow downs for years and Kaspersky does nothing about it. They just say "Post a GSI log".

20. Syobon

Syobon Registered Member

KIS 2013 is a tad slower than FIS 2013, it really drags down your system! And seeing how FIS is performing very well in tests, I have to say thanks to its BitDefender engine and effective/sane HIPS.

21. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

the system im testing it on can literally run anything out today. with 16gb of ram there should be ZERO slowdown but yet there is. also running a i7 overclocked to 4.6 24/7daily use under full water loop along with only ssd's and a crossfire gpu setup corsair 1000 watt psu 2lite on dvd burners and one blu ray burner. so no way its the machine. only win 7 x64, office 2010 and kaspersky. not a single other program either. everything from opening a rar file, to moving /copying fles, downloads etc show a noticeable slowdown.

as well as in my eyes when i have customers coming in asking me to remove it because of it "making the system so slow" i know im not the only one. and yes i honestly can say this happens after people install it, this is not a 100% occurance im not saying that but i have had a number of people ask me to remove the 2012 version because of this. some actually called or came back in telling me how much of a huge difference there was in the way their system was responding and performing. and please know im not saying its a bad av i LIKE it for its detection. if i didnt care about performance it would honestly probably be what i would run overall.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  22. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

Admittedly i agree with you that the forum is not that helpful and ive not used it much as i find posts get removed etc.
    Im only interested in the software and not the forum.actually the last place i would go for advice is their forum if im honest.As i say ive not experienced any slowdowns yet.maybe my browsing is a tad slower but that is to be expected with the web av etc.if it offers good protection then thats good enough for me.:ninja:

23. Narxis

Narxis Registered Member

i have to agree with you but for me not the slowdown is the biggest problem. With KIS 2013 i get blank pages in Google Chrome. What are the devs doing at Kaspersky? They don't test their product with the supported browsers? Back in time when they released CF1 and CF2 for their products you could wait for CF1 and all the critical bugs were fixed. Now no more CF1-2 just small patches for beta testing and fixing only few bugs. I think Kaspersky needs to rethink their developing strategy seriously...

24. berryracer

LOLL @ "Post a GSI Log", it's like they can't talk to you without that log! No common sense what so ever! :D

25. berryracer

~ Removed Comments ~

To be honest, even on my system (specs in sig), I feel KIS is twice as heavy as other AVs, but after it performs an initial root scan, things get much better

That being said, even though I am obsessed about having the best performance out of my system, I got tired of constantly switching between AVs because one bad review I read here or there or some of the Virus Labs tests that I see, so I choose Kaspersky as it has the best detection rates and I feel safer.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2012
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.