AV-comparative February2005

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by IBK, Feb 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hollywoodpc

hollywoodpc Registered Member

I totally agree . I was asking for something for my benefit . Tests are just that . Tests . BUT . Everyone talks about them and I figure , how about the REAL test . That being how these do in REAL time .

2. webmedic

webmedic Registered Member

just curious how much info you can get into here a

Oh did I give the wrong impression here. I'm sorry. I also have a service contract with wilcox farms and they use mcaffee and I have never ever once in multiple years working for them have seen mcaffee shut off. It may miss things but it has never been shut off.

I have done contracts with other companies also which decided to use avg for instance and I'm not sure why but they never have issues with virii. I also sell nod32 and have looked into selling kav when 6 comes out if they have some of their issues fixed at that time. So at least in my neck of the woods nav is not the most widely used it is simply the most compromised. I see many systems in here and not all of them have virii on them. a good portion actually dont run any anti-virus software at all. In the above statement I was only reffering to those that come in with nav on them.

3. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Job well done, Andreas! :cool:

regards,

paul

4. richrf

richrf Registered Member

Hi,

I tried viewing the page but get a message that access is forbidden. Is there something I need to do to access the page? I tired FireFox and IE. Thanks.

Rich

5. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

Looks like the server is down right now.

6. IBK

IBK AV Expert

Yeah, the webhoster had a hardware failure. They are working on it to bring it again online asap.

7. Randy_Bell

Randy_Bell Registered Member

That issue has been addressed with NAV 2005, it is very hardened, one cannot shutdown any running Symantec processes in the 2005 edition; at least, the Taskman Plus with elevated privileges cannot shut them down and the Advanced Process Termination {APT} cannot either, {both termination utilities from DiamondCS makers of Process Guard}. ;)

I tend to agree with Acadia, with Symantec holding close to 90% domestic U.S. market share and 80% worldwide share in desktop AV, then naturally the repair shops are going to see more PCs with NAV running, the sheer numbers will ensure that, and of course most of those PCs are probably not running the latest {hardened} version of NAV either. Just my two cents. ;)

8. quexx88

quexx88 Registered Member

NAV is a nice, powerful program if you know how to maintain it, and if you have a reasonably fast system. I have both, and I am rather impressed, especially after seeing how much it is spit on by the "in the know" crowd. Interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.