AV cable from Garmin Nuvi200 to 7" Monitor

Discussion in 'hardware' started by nichos, Sep 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nichos

nichos Registered Member

Hi,

Can I get/make an AV cable to join a Nuvi200 with a 7" Monitor?

I install in my car the Rear View Camera & Monitor below, which say can be interfaced as well with DVD/DVR & GPS.
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120956549024

The vendor send me to Garmin & in turn they send me to to Maplin or RS components but no luck.

Am writing in the off chance that a magician somewhere might help me. ...thanx ......nick

2. CloneRanger

CloneRanger Registered Member

Hi, it seems that the car kit has 2 Yellow phono sockets to link up to other devices, V1 & V2. This will no doubt be Analog composite video & NOT Digital !

As the Garmin only "appears" to have a Digital USB port, then they would be incompatable. Also from what i read about on Garmins www it "appears" that the USB port is only for updating the maps etc, so even if you got an Analog to Digital video converter, i "expect" it wouldn't work even then !

If anybody else can advise you further, i hope they do.

I would contact the ebay seller & ask them to explain what they meant about their GPS statement. If you're still not happy, ask for your £ back.

3. nichos

nichos Registered Member

Thanx Clone,

I bought it as a rear view camera & it works fine day/night with the monitor clamped on the mirror, peace of mind now when reversing. They've been really good even sending me a new camera free when I burned the first one.

Having seen the GPS bit I thought to ask if my Nuvi fits but, the vendors are not good English writers

"....No, we haven't video cable for selling. this Cable is standard one, you can buy it from other one, for wiring diagram, we had asked the our supplier, but he haven't still too.....",

thus tried else where hence to the forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.