AutoMz Ultimate Tweaker

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Someone, Jul 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

I saw this program called AutoMz Ultimate Tweaker.

Has anyone used it? Is it any good?

I tried it but it does not really tell you what it does and the only change I could see was that the rendering on fonts was different.

Thanks

2. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

You are on quit a roll finding little apps. for tweaking XP. :D
    Something to keep in mind. As I am sure you know, a lot of tweaks can be done already from a built in Windows feature or with a simple registry tweak. When ever I do a fresh install my favorite part is the manual tweaking. Have a whole list of instructions written in notepad. As well as some prewritten .reg files that I simply right click and "merge".

I guess what I`m getting at is why trust an unknown program to do things you can do yourself? You can find out how to do things by typing a few key words onto Google. This will usually produce at least a link or two that will lead you to well written detailed instructions on do-it-yourself.

The change of fonts sounds like "clear type". A feature already accessible from within Windows.

3. Someone

Someone Registered Member

Hi

Maybe because it's more convenient? ;)
    Are there any specific tweaks/key words/websites you particularly recommend?

Thanks very much

4. ThunderZ

ThunderZ Registered Member

I have not found one website that contains all the particular tweaks I do. Everyone has different needs from their machine.

Most of my changes come from me setting at the keyboard. I`ll get to thinking, "it sure would be nice if when I do this my PC does that....." Doing a Google with a few keywords lets me know if it is possible and how to do it. If you decide to do it this way be sure to print out or at least copy and paste into notepad or instance or Word if graphics are included the "how to" for future use. Saves a lot of searching when you do your next install.

5. Huupi

Huupi Registered Member

I suggest Black Viper website for most or all tweaks,but i guess with today fast systems it bring you not much gain.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.