automatic filtering mode and emule

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by ace11, Aug 23, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

since i use automatic filtering mode (beta2) i receive low ID in Emule-kad-connections.
    So i need to define a rule for Emule. is there any way to define a rule for filtering mode and keep using automatic filtering ?

If you have your firewall on auto, how can you define emule so it wouldn't get low-id ?

Last edited: Aug 24, 2007
  2. WSFuser

WSFuser Registered Member

Try switching to Interactive mode, allow eMule, then switch back to Automatic filtering.

3. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

when operationg in auto mode , all the [user defined] rules from interactive mode are active o_O :eek:

4. Nelu

Nelu Registered Member

I have on automatic mode low ID too.I've switch on Interactive momde,everything alright(normakly,allow emule),then I switch back on automatic modus-again low ID

5. ace11

ace11 Registered Member

Yes Nelu ,
    I have come to the same conclusion as you.

The meaning ofthat is that anyone who'd like to use emule or utorrent programs will be forced to use the interactive mode of the FW.
    :gack: .

6. ASpace

ASpace Guest

ESET may change this behaviour but generally all IT consider P2P applications dangerous and the way they act could also be considered dangerous . Perhaps that's why the current versions block them - the dangerous behaviour

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.