Auto restore image file

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by 7digital, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 7digital

7digital Registered Member

Hi,

I have created a bootable DVD for true image, my hard drive image is also on the same disk.

Is it possible to let true image auto deploy the image file and restore it, so all I need to do is pop the DVD disk in and reboot the pc?

Regards
    Paul Roberts.

2. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Paul,

To the best of my knowledge, what you wish to do isn't possible I'm afraid.

Regards

3. 7digital

Bummer!

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello 7digital,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

Actually, it is possible. Acronis True Image 9.0 Home has ability to perform "one-click" restore. The Acronis One-Click Restore is a minimal addition to your rescue media, allowing one-click data recovery from an image archive, stored on this media. This means that at boot from the media and clicking “restore” all data will be silently restored to the original place. No options or selections like resizing partitions will be possible. Additional information can be found in Chapter 5.3.8 "Media components" in the Acronis True Image 9.0 Home User Guide.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Last edited: May 20, 2006
  5. 7digital

Thanks.
    I will take a look at let you know how I get on.

Regards
    Paul Roberts.

6. Paul8

Paul8 Registered Member

I had a terrible experience with one-click restore to day. I wanted to restore my system only. Thats a small 5GB partition. The rest of my drive is full of data, emails, -everything valuable for me. After restoring, TrueImage resized my Cpartition to the entire harddrive, erasing all other partitions. Nice!!!.
    I have only a little backed-up.
    Is there any utility to resize C to its original size and to undelete my two lost partitions o_O

7. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Bummer! I hope somebody can help you get your data back. I looked at the Userguide and it says:

"The Acronis One-Click Restore is a minimal addition to your rescue media, allowing one-click data recovery from an image archive, stored on this media. This means that at boot from the media and clicking “restore” all data will be silently restored to the original place. No options or selections like resizing partitions will be possible."

Based on that, you should have not had your other partitions wiped. The Snap Restore does warn about partition loss if the whole disk is not present in the image.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.