Auto reboot after restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Browser, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Browser

Browser Registered Member

Always auto reboot on the server Hp DL380 G5 with Smart Array P400 Controller. Of course I loaded the latest Controller Driver to the acronis universal restore. The server boot up and show the WIN2003 Logo about 4 or 5 sec, then auto reboot again and again

I took the Image From SQL Server, Windows 2003
    with Hardware HP DL 380 G4 and Smart Array 6i Controller

note that my universal Restore is 9.1

2. shieber

shieber Registered Member

Is there a question here or are you just offering a comment? If the latter, it's not clear what that comment is. Could you explain a bit more?

3. Browser

Browser Registered Member

This is a question....the server auto-reboot continuous after I restore the image from DL380 G4 to DL380 G5....

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Browser,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Corporate Disk Backup Software.

Please notice that it's possible an incorrect drive letter is assigned to the drive. Please see this article for details and solutions.

If that doesn't solve the problem, could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please do the following to collect Windows registry data from the target system (that is, the system to which the image was restored):
    - Boot the computer under consideration from Acronis Bootable Rescue Media;
    - Create files/folders backup of \Windows\System32\Config folder.

Please perform the same operation with the source system.

So, we need two Windows registry exports: from source system and from target system.

Please also create Acronis Report on the target machine the way described below:

- Download and run Acronis Report Utility;
    - Select the "Create Bootable Floppy" option;
    - Insert a blank floppy disk in the A: drive and proceed with creation of the bootable floppy;
    - Boot the computer from this diskette and wait for report creation process to finish;
    - Collect the report file from the floppy.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.