Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro Free for everyone for limited time

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by ViVek, Jan 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Red Moon

The Red Moon Registered Member

swapping defrag programs like no tomorrow sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.
    :cautious:

2. Victek

Victek Registered Member

580GB of free space should be more than enough. I've seen some defraggers struggle and fail with very large files, such as multi-gigabyte videos or virtual machines. Could that be a factor? I usually exclude files over 1GB to avoid this. Also, does ADD Pro have any configurable options? I use PerfectDisk and it offers "Smart Placement", "defrag only" and "consolidate free space". Smart Placement produces the best results but takes more time to complete.

3. Cruise

Cruise Registered Member

Fuzzfas, while this is going OT, I will say that I have imaged (and restored) my W7x64 C-drive a few times with the current version of Paragon B&R (Free) and it worked perfectly (albeit appreciably slower than DS and IFW). :doubt:

Cruise

4. zfactor

zfactor Registered Member

i also went back to perfectdisk 12.5 i like auslogics but it never places the mft contig. and also leaves it all over the drive. same with a few other files. it "defrags" them but never places them together. also leaves larger gaps between blocks. with perfectdisk this was gone and all the files were placed accordingly. i actually own 3 lic's to auslogics pro and right now dont even use them except for comparison's sake.

5. Victek

Victek Registered Member

PD 12.5 works best for me as well. There may still be a free v12 version out there (they called it a beta) which works well "on demand". It just doesn't have the real-time monitoring Opti-write feature.

6. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Ah, that makes sense.That drive has many videos alright. I just reinstalled Windows and Auslogics simply won't defrag that drive. It has some options about eliminating temp files and such before defragging, defragging free space, defragging priority, defrag according to prefetch, etc. Anyway, seems Puran isn't to ditch after all... Cause at least it tries... Slowly but steadily.

Oh, it worked perfectly for me too. I 've done about 10 restores and all went fine. However, after the 1st restore, at boot i had 5-6 greenish dashes on the top left corner (on the normally black background) and after changing folder options, i found in D: a pagefile.sys (which should have been in C: ), a "bootmgr" hidden file as well as a "bootsect" hidden file. I surely didn't put them there! And i didn't move the pagefile either! I had just let it automanaged by Windows. Anyway, now i ve no greenish dashes anymore (after reinstalling Windows). Maybe the fact that i have 3 internal drives or that i have 7 Pro (which has a 100mb extra partition), caused Paragon to do weird things, i don't know, but i surely didn't move those files there.

EDIT: Just found out the greenish dashes are a result of msconfig--no gui boot. Well, someone else did that for me (paragon?).

Last edited: Jan 2, 2013
  7. zmechys

zmechys Registered Member

I've received an e-mail from Auslogics's Support Team how to turn Prefetch on in order to "Optimize By Prefetch Layout".
    Auslogics Disk Defrag Pro is a very useful program.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.