Attention! ESS5.0.95 freezes PC

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by MariusK, Jan 23, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MariusK

MariusK Registered Member

Hello. I uninstalled ESS4 and installed ESS5.095. So its clean install? Then i turned on all ESS features and restarted my PC. After restart i connected my internet cable and my PC freezes with no connection to the internet. After some hard work i turned off Windows Defender and Windows Firewall. Still no luck with ESS5 - PC freezes when i connect internet cable. Is it any way to fix this issue?

I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 32bit.

On other forums i see more people with same problem and no one knows solution.

2. Janus

Janus Registered Member

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Does it happen with default settings after performing a clean install of v5 ?

4. MariusK

I didn't try this. Maybe later i will try to disable feature after feature to find out wich feature causes these hangs...

If i uninstall ESS without disabled service, it will keep old service even for new installation?

5. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

If you want to make sure that you perform a truly fresh install, download and run the ESET Uninstall tool as per the instructions here.

6. MariusK

I disabled Eset service, uninstalled ESS5.0.95, cleaned registry entries and then installed same ESS5.0.95. Now it seems all is ok and running well.

Thank you for help. :)

Maybe someone (administrator or moderator) can make this tread sticky? So other people like me can easy find this solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.