Attack from Wilderssecurity.com ???

Discussion in 'Forum Related Discussions' started by Perman, May 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, folks., Very strange things have happened for the last few days. Each time when I visit wilderssecurity forum, BlackIce will block an attack,issuing a warning. I am able to trace back and have some details, perhaps someone at Wilders or some experts can solve this puzzle:
    issue:HTML_Mshtml_overflow parameters: URL=/clientscript/vbulletin_quick_edit.js&server=wildrssecurity.com

Last edited: May 25, 2006
  2. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

Looks like a false positive from BlackICE. I can't begin to explain it though since we use generic vBulletin forum software here, and I don't know what BlackICE is using as a signature (is that an IDS like alert?). You may need to ask the BlackICE people exactly what that message means and what triggers it. There is probably an exceptions or exclusions list to prevent the alerts, like a trusted site list of some such.

Is there more logged then just that one line?

3. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

4. Perman

Perman Registered Member

Hi, thank u for ur prompt reply. I will click the links and take a good look. BTW, I have not encountered the same problems for the last few hours. and FYI, the lateset signature update was done on May 11, 2006, and the problems did not occur until few days ago. Regards,o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.