ATIH 10 not offering archive spanning choice

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Sohodojo Jim, Oct 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sohodojo Jim

Sohodojo Jim Registered Member

If I set my backup defaults to limit to 4 GB for spanning an archive later to DVD, the resulting backup is one too big file.

When I do a backup and choose to set the back up settings manually, the archive spanning size limitation item is not included in the settings choices.

It is _really_ critical that I be able to slice backups up for copying to DVD for off-site retention.

Am I doing something wrong or is this a bug in ATIH 10's initial build 4871?

I hope there is an update very soon to fix this or that someone can tell me what I have to do to get this to work.

Thanks,
    --Sohodojo Jim--

2. Sohodojo Jim

Sohodojo Jim Registered Member

More info... it's the Backup Location that's the rub

The behavior described is as it is if you use a Backup Location. There is no archive spanning choice for a manually configured backup to a Backup Location, nor is the default preference for span size applied.

If I do an "old style" backup by navigating to the same drive and directory and name the initial backup file, I get the archive spanning choice which works like is had for many past versions.

So, good news is that my immediate problem is solved.

But I don't see the reasoning behind why a Backup Location should not allow spanning. I believe this is a bug (that I hope will not be turned into a dubious feature as the new Backup Location seems to be a good way to 'template' your backup strategies).

--Sohodojo Jim--

3. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Re: More info... it's the Backup Location that's the rub

Hello

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Please note that archive splitting option is not available when you store the image to the Backup Location. This was done by design. Please have a look at this previous post of mine for details.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.