ATI11 freezes during restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by pollack, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pollack

pollack Registered Member

Hi, when I select my .tib image to be restored and press the 'next' button, the application freezes. I never get to the next step. This also happens if I boot from the cd.

ATI11 will allow me to select the 'copy files/folders' to the selected partition but not restore them. After copying the files I still can't boot up however.

I've used this program in the past with no problems I don't understand why it won't work now. I'm using the latest build and turning 'usb legacy' or or off in bios makes no difference.

I did a search in this forum but couldn't find any solutions to this problem. My OS is xp sp2. Any suggestions on how to restore my partition will be greatly welcomed, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  2. uptone

uptone Registered Member

The first thing I would do, is try to restore an earlier backup if you have one.
    What I would be suspicious of is that the backup that I am trying to restore is corrupted or was made when my computer wasn't doing very good as a result of installing software or maybe spyware or a virus or any number of other reasons.
    If this is the only backup you have then, what I would do is try a reinstall of Acronis (fresh install).
    My instinct is to tell you that you have a problem in your system and the problem was probably caused by malware of some type. Or it could be that you have something installed that doesn't get along with Acronis.

Good luck, I hope you can get to the bottom of it.

3. pollack

Hi, uptone, thanks for replying.

I have two other backups but ATI11 freezes when I select those as well. I'm using the ATI bootup disk.

I find it odd that ATI11 allows me to 'restore specific files or folders' but not 'restore disks or partitions' or 'sector-by-sector restoration'.

I'm stumped. Please more suggestions, I'd like to get my system back up and running, thanks.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2008
  4. uptone

uptone Registered Member

here are some ideas, options you might want to try before you get so discusted that you want to quit. Please don't give up, you will get that system back up. I can feel it.

Anyway, try running some antispyware programs if you haven't already.
    here's a couble that are free and very good.

1. Ad-Aware
    2. Spybot

They can be downloaded at download.com Download and install either or both of them and run them to see what you get.

Next if you have a registry checker something like registry mechanic which is not free but is very good. Run it, and clean your registry.

If you do not have an anti-virus program, it is a must to have one. But I assume you do because if you didn't windows would keep poping up and telling you you don't have one.

If you can clean your system of spyware and malware then acronis may have a chance to work properly. Reinstall a fresh copy of Acronis and giver her a go.

Again lots of luck and don't get discouraged.

5. scruffylooking

scruffylooking Registered Member

Acronis True Image 11 has a massive problem with freezing during backups. A more complete thread can be found here.

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=193687

Please keep this at the top of the forums because this problem is not being addressed by Acronis as it should be!

6. pollack

Thanks for the info scruffylooking.

7. pollack

Problem somewhat solved. It seems ATI11 does not like more than one sata drive attached at a time. By disconnecting one or the other sata drive I was able to restore properly.

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello pollack,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure you use the latest build (8053) of Acronis True Image 11 Home. To get access to updates you should first register your software. Don't forget to recreate Acronis Bootable Rescue Media after updating.

Please also try booting with "acpi=off noapic" parameter as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

If the issue persists, please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly:

Please create Acronis Report, Windows system information and Linux system information (sysinfo.txt) as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

scruffylooking, please notice that the issue discussed in the thread you pointed to is different from the one experienced by pollack.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

9. scruffylooking

scruffylooking Registered Member

Perhaps Merat you can point me to the solution for the freezing problem I and so many others are having?

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello scruffylooking and everyone interested,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for delayed response.

We would like to inform you that we were able to reproduce the problem, and our Development Team is working on fixing it. Most likely the fix will be included in future builds of Acronis True Image.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.