ATI Removal conflict with Rollback?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Baldrick, Oct 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Hi

I have ATI 11 installed (used for imaging) but now that I have installed Rollback Rx I am thinking of uninstalling ATI (especially since I believe that the two installed together may be the reason for an increased system boot time since Rollback was installed...snapman.sys may be the culprit).

Question is therefore do I have to uninstall Rollback before I uninstall ATI given that both delve into and potential change the MBR. Or can I just uninstall ATI as normal (and then manually remove the dregs, ie, snapman.sys) o_O

2. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

No you shouldn't have to uninstall rollback.It should simply be a case of doing a standard ATI uninstall. You could always just rollback to a snapshot before you installed ATI (assuming you installed rollback first of course :)).

3. Baldrick

Thanks, will give it a go (after taking a full image with Rollback...of. course;) )

4. Aaron Here

Aaron Here Registered Member

When I removed ATI with EF active, it seemed to uninstall ok but I have since noticed that there are several 'Acronis' registry entries that were orphaned and can't be removed (they produce an error on any removal attempt)! :doubt:

5. Jo Ann

Jo Ann Registered Member

Aaron,

The problem you will usually run into with such difficulties is one of permissions. Once you have found the entry in regedit, try right-clicking on it and setting the permissions to 'full control'. That may do the trick. ;)

JA

6. Baldrick

Thanks for the replies Both

Decided to do some 'trawling' on this subject and cam up with the following:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1120006&postcount=4

This may be of assistance Aaron re. seeing if and how it handles those Registry entries that you referred to.

I plan to do a normal uninstall using the uninstaller provided and then double check the instructions provided to make sure that all is removed.

:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.