ATI Home 2009 Problem with "try and decide" function

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by abel06, Nov 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abel06

abel06 Registered Member

Hello,
    First, excuse me for my english level, I'm french.

When I want to try a new soft, I launch first try and decide. Sometimes, the computer needs to reboot to complete the installation. At the reboot, I have a screen who aks what to do: to continue starting Windows or to discard all change.
    No problem with the function "discard".
    But if I choose "continue starting Windows" the computer don't continue a normal start of windows, but reboot! and I fall again on the same screen, in loop.

I work with Vista. I tried ATI on XP: same result.

Do you have some answers to me?
    If I solve that, ATI should be the absolute save tool...

Thank you very much!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello abel06,

Thank you for your interesting in Acronis True Image

First of all make sure you are using the latest build of Acronis True Image Home 2009 (9646). By default, T&D saves the information to free space on the partition you have selected for protecting by Try&Decide. So first check whether you have enough free space on the partition/drive you have selected to save virtual changes.

If you use Windows Vista, only the Acronis Secure Zone is available as the location to store virtual changes. So if the issue persists check Acronis Secure Zone size, if it’s not the case try to rebuild Acronis Secuer Zone from the scratch.

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

3. jehosophat

jehosophat Registered Member

I has a similar problem with TRY & Decide a few days ago. The first time after a reboot using Try and decide it worked byt the second time it did not and I got into the loop that you mention.

In the end I had to restore my system and then run chkdsk /r. After I did this Try and Decide worked again. I also got an error message when I had the loop situation. So try chkdsk /r.

On my system it is quicker to do a full image backup and then restore if necessary than use Try and Decide. Perhaps those with faster computers than mine find it useful. I am using a P4 with 2Gb ram Win XP Prof sp3.

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello abel06 and jehosophat,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

abel06, if you are still unable to make Acronis Try&Decide option completely functional, please download Acronis Report utility available here and run it, create a report. Please compress the Acronis Report output file into an archive (e.g. with WinZip) and contact our Live Chat service here

Thank you.

__

Oleg Lee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.