ATI Bug -- can't start task with Win Task Scheduler

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by shieber, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shieber

shieber Registered Member

An advantage of running ATI tasks from the Windows Task Scheduler instead of the ATI scheduler is that the Win Task Scheduler can wake a computer form standby to run a task.

In prior versions, one could start ATI tasks using the Win XP Task Scheduler however,this didn't apperar to work in ATI 11. Error code 0x1 was returned and the task wouldn't run.

It turns out that in version 11, Acronis has changed the location of the trueimageservice.exe file and its name to "trueimagehomeservice.exe" and the script is now now located in C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts rather than in C:\documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImage\Scripts. It's the little details that make "upgrading" an adventure.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2007
  2. Bruce Mahnke

Bruce Mahnke Registered Member

Attention: shieber

Reading your previous posting I was intrigued with the concept of using the Windows Scheduled Tasks for performing scheduled backups Using Win XP Home SP2 and TI-11 I set up a test run. In that I don’t use any passwords in Windows I had to make a Registry tweak as follows:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa
    Value name: limitblankpassworduse, Type: REG_DWORD,
    Data: 0 (disabled) 1 (enabled)
    This worked very well.

I created a True Image task at 3 AM in the manual mode (file 9999.tib). I then created a task in Windows Scheduled Tasks to over-write the previous file (file 9999.tib) at 5 AM using the path that you provided. This was:
    "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Acronis\TrueImageHome\TrueImageHomeService.exe" /script: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Acronis\TrueImageHome\Scripts\[Enter Script Name.tib.tis]"

Checking the TI-11 logs both runs report that they were successful and I believe that to be true. Starting True Image 11 the goofy information bar had changed from green to yellow stating no backups have been scheduled yet, Result: Have no backup, Backup tasks not scheduled.

As you previously stated “It’s the little details that make “upgrading” an adventure.”

Edit:
    I need to run this again. Looking back I'm concerned about my statement about running True Image in the manual mode. In that I was experimenting I'm not sure that that is correct. Ultimately if I use Windows to run the automatic updates I want it to occur daily at only one point in time. Manual updates will then be done within TI. I'll repeat it tonight. Having repeated it I changed my wording slightly. Selecting manual does not give the option of entering a time which I appeared to indicate which makes sense.

Bruce

Last edited: Nov 19, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.