ATI 2009 and VistaPE

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Earthling, May 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Using Mustang's scripts I've got ATI 11 and ADDS 10 in VistaPE on CD and in a bootable partition on my hard drive. VistaPE also incorporates some other useful tools, particulary file management, and I rely totally on it to get me out of stuck when necessary. It has never let me down.

ATI 11 itself suffers from a number of defects which I've learned to live with, but ideally I would like to move up to ATI 2009. What would I need in addition to 2009 in order to achieve the same functionality that VistaPE gives me?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

3. Earthling

Earthling Registered Member

Thanks sf. It makes the whole package rather expensive for the few things I'd gain in ATI. Might make better sense to hang on until the long-awaited DD11 emerges - if it's ever going to :rolleyes:

4. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

I am pretty sure that Mustang PE builder will use the Acronis Plugin so you only have to buy the PEBuilder but you can also use the Mustang Plugin for more flexibility.
    I bought the PE Builder but not the plugin and made an ISO file which I load with Grub4Dos made flash drive.

I couldn't do without Mustangs stuff. It mades backups and restorations very simple

5. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Earthling,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image Home 2009

We are going to release Acronis Disk Director Suite 11 in near future. You can receive Acronis' releases and special promotions information if you sign up at our web site

Best regards,
    --
    Dmitry Nikolaev

6. Tatou

Tatou Registered Member

Just bought the upgraded PE Builder V2 and Mustang's TI Plugin for ATI 2009 and also downloaded the free plugins from Mustangs site -Irfanview and Total Commander.

In my view this is the best way to use ATI to backup and restore and mount drives. There is no potential problems with Linux (although it works OK on my configuaration) and the USB and eSATA speed is excellent due to the Vista drivers.

Whilst you can burn the ISO to a CD and hence boot direct as I stated above I use Grub4DOS which executes the ISO file directly and the ATI ISO file if you want to use the ATO boot disc for some reason.

I would recommend it to anyone who wants a flexible restoration environment.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.