ATI 11 & ATI 2009

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by AzimScot, Apr 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AzimScot

AzimScot Registered Member

Are these the same programs or different. Has ATI 11 now been updated by 2009?

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

Different. Acronis changed the numbering system so what would have been TI12 is called TI2009. Imagine next one will be TI2010.

3. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

There have been considerable changes between those Versions. Some for the better some for the worse. I am sticking with an older version as it does what I want efficiently and without error.

Xpilot

4. AzimScot

can you not update from ATI11 to ATI 2009?

5. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

As an owner of ATI 11 you can purchase version 2009 at a reduced price. Whether it is worth doing it is your choice. I do not know, because I have never done it, if it is advisable to do a clean install of version 2009 or to install over the top.

Xpilot

6. GroverH

GroverH Registered Member

AximScot,
    Your build may not be the latest update for version 11. Return to your registration page and check what download is available to you & free. Your build number should be in the help/about of the TrueImage program.

Each new build corrects problems in the old, provides newer drivers and maybe introduces new issues. If you are having any difficulties, I would download & install the lastest build for your version 11.

7. AzimScot

I have downloading the new update for version 11 8.01 i think its called. Good news is I managed to do a complete full back up of 43 Gigs of data thing is it took 3 hours!

Seems strange when I first got acronis true image 11 and installed it a backup usually took between 5-10 mins and I had about maybe 35-40 gigs of data on my hard drive, also I set the compression level to 0 and still it took 3 hours?

Anyone know why it took so long?

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello AzimScot,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image

- First of all please check if DMA for a certain channel/controller is enabled in BIOS (please see the attached file).

- Please do the following to enable DMA mode using Device Manager:

1) Open Device Manager (Click Start -> Run and type "devmgmt.msc");
    2) Double-click IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers to display the list of controllers and channels;
    3) Right-click the icon for the channel to which the device is connected, select Properties, and then click the Advanced Settings tab;
    4) In the Current Transfer Mode drop-down box, select DMA if Available if the current setting is PIO Only.

If the drop-down box already shows DMA if available but the current transfer mode is PIO, then toggle the settings:

- Change the selection from DMA if available to PIO Only, and click OK.
    - Then repeat the steps above to change the selection to DMA if available.

Please let us know if DMA cannot be enabled manually.

Thank you.

--
    Oleg Lee

Attached Files:

9. AzimScot

I have followed the instructions and still the same problem.

10. oracledba

oracledba Registered Member

The "quick solution" of item 1 listed in this URL totally resolved a similar issue I had last fall. The action taken is not destructive so if you try it and it doesn't help or apply to your situation then no real harm done.

but for me - it worked.

Good luck.

http://winhlp.com/node/10

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.