ATI 10 WONT RECOGNISE DATA DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by dknighted, Apr 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dknighted

dknighted Registered Member

I have new computer with Vista os. I backed up data only to 2 dvds successfully using ATI 10. When I try to reinstall data from the dvd ATI will not recognise the removable drive. My Computer and my file manager programme recognises the drive and the contents as MyBackup2.tib but ATI will not recognise the drive. Installed latest build update and backed up again successfully to new dvds but still AT10 will not recognise removable drive but does recognise other hard drives. I have no problem with backing up and restoring the operating system to another hard drive. Any suggestions please.

2. foghorne

foghorne Registered Member

Which ATI cannot see the drive? Windows, Linux, or both ?

F.

3. dknighted

Windows recognises the dvd drive but Acronis 10 wont. "Next" panel just remains grayed on restore panel. Acronis recognises all fixed internal drives.

4. foghorne

So the Windows ATI cannot see the drive, what about the Linux ATI (i.e. from the rescue disk).

F.

5. dknighted

Good thinking F. Rescue Disk also wont recognise dvd drive. Checked again via windows Computer and drive is there and readable. Just in case unistalled and reinstalled with the latest build update with same result as above.

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dknighted,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

Please clarify, does the dvd drive not show in the tree at all; or does it show as empty; or does it show and the archive .tib file is visible but not restorable?

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

7. dknighted

The Restore Data wizard shows the Computer hard drives in tree but not the 2 dvd drives that I have and therefore I cannot open to obtain the .tib files. I thought maybe it was unable to read the dvds in the drive so I have just backed up a file on a new cd successfully and tried to restore it with the same negative result. Windows is able to open both the same dvds and cds without a problem.

8. foghorne

I suggest you preempt the reply and raise a support request. Stating what you have done, making clear that the Windows version of ATI is having problems.

F.

9. dknighted

Thanks Foghorne. It appears I will have to do just that and hope I get a response from Support and if that doesn't eventuate I will get an external drive and not use ATI because it probably wont recognise that either .

10. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello dknighted,

Could you please collect some information to let us investigate it thoroughly?

Please create Windows System Information as it is described in Acronis Help Post.

Please create a screenshot of the restore wizard screen with device tree unfolded.

Please also collect the exact vendor and device names of dvd drives in question.

Then submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with a solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Marat Setdikov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.