Asus P4C800 Deluxe

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by me75006, Aug 16, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. me75006

me75006 Registered Member

Concerning TI7 v627, v634 , and compatibility with the ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe motherboard. I would like to build my next pc using this motherboard. I am undecided as to 2 IDE drives or 2 SATA drives AND if either combo will work as expected with True Image 7.0 . I would guess two IDE drives would be just fine, however after following the posts here, I am unclear as to how two SATA drives would perform with TI 7. Not going to do RAID, prolly 2 ATA drives on IDE0, and a cd burner & dvd on IDE1. The reason I am considering the SATA drives, is I have a notion that they are faster than ATA 100/133 drives.
    Thanx in advance. ;)

2. fLoOdY

fLoOdY Registered Member

-Sure will. Motherboard is the P4C800-E Deluxe with a an Adaptec 39320 HostRaid SCSI [RAID 0] array consisting of two striped 76GB Seagate Cheetah 15K3 drives.

The third drive is a WD2500JD, which is a Western Digital Caviar SE 250GB 7200 RPM SATA Drive. The system "runs" on the Cheetahs, but I wanted a big. but "slower mover" for image backups with True Image 8.0 .

I've allocated half of the SATA drive to the Secure Zone and have a daily incremental backup scheduled. I've successfuly accessed the image several times , both from the Startup Recovery Manager and the bootable Recovery CD.

I'm also doing DVD+RW backups to a new Plextor PX712SA drive, which is the first SATA burner to show up in the channel. It's a superb drive. I have 6 Plextors of various vintages. They're all still running. I would not consider using anything else. :D

For the foreseeable future, the chief advantage of SATA devices will be the elimination of the airflow-obstructing parallel ATA ribbon cables. All currently available drives I'm aware of use a SATA to PATA bridge. The throughput is about the same as the corresponding ATA version. I'm using the ICH5 SATA interfaces only at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.