Archive size changed. No complex archive option

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by eskiedad, Dec 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eskiedad

eskiedad Registered Member

I have used Paragon backup 9 personal for over a year. The monthly backup archive size for my C: drive has always been about 55 Gig and was called a complex archive. now when I try to backup all I get is a 12Gig file. Any idea what I need to change?

2. Paragon_Tommy

Paragon_Tommy Paragon Moderator

Hello Eskiedad,

A complex archive tells me that you've backed up more than 1 partition, which in this case includes the C drive. Do you have other data partitions that may add up to the 55GB?

Carefully walk through the Backup Wizard again, select all the partitions you wish to backup, and notice the "Estimated Archive Size".

One good way to see what you've been really backing up is to go to the "Archives" tab, select "Show Partitions" and right-click each individual partitions and mount the archives.

3. eskiedad

The exact size of my other backups is 55.8 G The exact same size as my C drive partition. When i do the show partitions on my archives all I get is c Drive

4. Paragon_Tommy

What Paragon program do you have?

Make sure you're in the full scale program and not the express launcher.

The Archives tab is next to the "Scheduled Tasks" and "Help" tabs.

5. eskiedad

This is what I bought and registered. It is not the express version

Drive Backup™, version 9.0, build 8681 (29.07.09 )Personal

Components versions:

Paragon Base Services Library, version 1.1, build 8681 (29.07.09 )
    hdm.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081
    biont.dll, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081
    biont.sys, version 9.0, release 9, build 10081

All my past archives are the same at 55.8 gig And the most recent is 16.1gig. Same drive I always back up.

6. Paragon_Tommy

I wonder if the backup did not complete. Either it's a backup of different partition(s) than before, or your storage ran out of space. I would take a look into that 16.1 GB archive to see it's complete. If it's not complete, the archive will not be readable. Go to Tools > File Transfer Wizard > locate and double-click the .PBF or .000 file. The file will "drill" down into the archive displaying its content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.