Archive freezes during restore

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by poko, Jul 31, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poko

poko Registered Member

My archive stored on my second hard drive has been verified several times, but when i attempt a restore, it freezes at random intervals during each attempt. I got as close as 5 minutes remaining..... and as little into a restore as 3 mins.....Can anyone helpo_O?? Can there be an error that ATI does not see during veriafication o_O?
    PLEASE SHARE IF YOU KNOW
    poko:)

2. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Bit of a long shot, but has your archive been prepared from a scheduled task that has been edited?
    Your TI version and build number would be a help.

Xpilot

3. poko

poko Registered Member

Thanks XPILOT
    It's ver 7 build 572 and the archive was made by me and verified and not changed. There is a second archive ...not the one i need ....that restores perfectly...it is a small archive 1.7g while the troublesome one is 17g Both are verified several times. Last nite it said that the restore was successfull....the first time in about 20 trys....but when it tried to boot... windows said there was a hardware problum possibly. I have up to this point been a big fan of acronis recommending to many.Any Ideas
    POKO

4. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

Version 7 is before my experience started with TI. However even though it is an old version it should still work.
    Can you give, as near as possible, the wording of the error message? Is the image of the whole of your main drive or just some of its partitions?

Xpilot

5. poko

poko Registered Member

Thanks Xpilot, Version 7 has always worked great,I don't think its the program since the other image will load properly. From what I can remember it was a black screen and the message was something like "Windows has failed to boot it could be a hardware configuration problem consult with your hardware documentation blah, blah, blah...
    It wasn't an error generated by acronis.
    I suspect the problem lies in the archive itself but as I stated it verifies successfully repeatedly. Any ideas??
    Or can you post this so that others can contribute.
    Thanks,
    Poko

6. Xpilot

Xpilot Registered Member

It appears likely that your boot record is missing or corrupt. This could happen if you did not image the whole disk originally. Depending on the operating system that you are using there are ways of fixing this.

Xpilot

7. poko

poko Registered Member

Iam using xp what are the ways to try a fix
    POKO

8. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello poko,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are sorry for the delayed response.

Could you please clarify which image archive you have successfully restored, the one that "freeses" during the restoration or the second small 1.7 GB archive? Did you use Acronis True Image Bootable Rescue Media or did you use Acronis True Image in Windows? Did you create the image of the entire hard drive or only the system partition? Please explain your step-by-step actions which you took to restore the image archive.

As for the error message on bootup it as probably cased by incorrect boot.ini file (boot.ini file is missing or invalid). Therefore, you can try to rebuild the boot.ini file manually or use "bootcfg /rebuild" command from the Windows XP Recovery Console to fix the issue. Please take a look at this article by Microsoft.

Thank you.
    --
    Aleksandr Isakov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.