Appreciate the work on PG v3

Discussion in 'ProcessGuard' started by Starrob, Oct 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

I just want to say that I appreciate the hard work that is being done on this product. This beta version of PG is far more stable on my system than V2.

With PG v2 every once and awhile my system would crash and when I reboot all the PG settings were blank. I used to really hate that.

PG v3 is turning out to be a very, very good product.

Starrob

2. Wayne - DiamondCS

Wayne - DiamondCS Security Expert

Starrob,
    Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts, it's very much appreciated! A lot of work has been put into this build and we're proud of the results, so it's a relief for us to hear that our customers are getting good use out of it.

We'll be releasing the helpfiles soon with the full version so that will shed some light on some other interesting aspects of Process Guard that you may not be aware of, so you'll be able to get even more out of it then. :)

Best regards, and enjoy the weekend,
    Wayne

3. Mr.Blaze

Mr.Blaze The Newbie Welcome Wagon

4. gkweb

gkweb Expert Firewall Tester

Hi,

as a BETA tester, I can confirm that DCS has worked very hard to improve PG and has listened all of our concerns (I am even wondering if they are not working the week end !).

Unfortunaly, I have asked one time if PG couldn't make the coffee in addition but never has an answer :(

;)

regards,

gkweb.

5. Pilli

Pilli Registered Member

Several posts were off topic and were removed. Pilli

6. Oremina

Oremina Registered Member

I'll add my two cents to this also... especially as looking through my records I find it hard to believe that I only paid £16.57 for PG2 back in March this year.
    Compared to some of the things I have spent (wasted) money on, I am amazed.

Another very satisfied customer
    ;)

7. se7engreen

se7engreen Registered Member

Another satisfied customer here also. Not just with PG but all DCS products I've used thus far. There's something powerfully addictive about using these products. I think Process Guard & TDS both contain nicotine.

8. Baldrick

Baldrick Registered Member

Three cheers for all the folks at DCS (& the beta testers)!

Hip hip hooray!
    Hip hip hooray!
    Hip hip hooray!

Another satisfied customer.

9. Infinity

Infinity Registered Member

a humble thank you to you all beta testers.

10. Notok

Notok Registered Member

How about simply encouraging clear communication? I didn't buy the DCS products to gain "brothers and sisters" or take sides. Perspective is key.

11. Jooske

Jooske Registered Member

>I think Process Guard & TDS both contain nicotine.

No need for that; all clean recycled electrons without any artificial additions, the products speak for themselves.
    Have not seen wishlists requests for smoke-free versions by adding special difficult keycombinations to do stuff for which you need all your fingers on both hands all time on the keyboard.

12. Devinco

Devinco Registered Member

I would like to give a big....
    [MOVE]
    Thank You!!!
    [/MOVE]
    to everybody at DiamondCS for making Process Guard possible.
    Version 3 it is looking refined, well behaving, and powerful.
    I really like the new interface as well. It is more logical and easier to understand.
    We really need a program like this in these times.
    They say necessity is the mother of invention.
    So does this make you guys the fathers of protection? :D :cool:

13. Starrob

Starrob Registered Member

Process Guard could not have come soon enough. I do a lot of reading about different threats on the internet. I dont understand everything I read because I am not a programmer (I took a course in it in 1981 when the internet was nothing more than connections between college computers that filled a whole room....I sort of sucked badly at creating code and I finished the course and never looked back)

What I do understand is why Process Guard was given a priority over TDS4. Just about every scanner can be beaten. Just the other day, I found a tool on the internet that claimed to beat Kaspersky. Here is a quote of what this tool does:

"New generation OF Process Stopping and Frw Disabling for IT Secuirty Testing Purposes!
    It supersedes kav material time monitor and discovers A vulnerability into there, because before
    the real-time monitor prevents execution it is already executed and started disabling."

DCS can build the finest scanner in the world....TDS4 can be the top of the line...better than the very best and within a few days or weeks somebody would build something to defeat it.

The best way to stop things is to stop the infection before it happens. PG can block things like rootkits and dynamic DLL injection and give a alert.

The alert gives me a chance to start my favorite scanners and track down malicious software without the fear of my computer security programs being disabled.

Jason and the rest of DCS has done a good job!!! Every program has holes and ways to defeat it but I get the feeling DCS is ahead of the curve by plugging any holes that any version of PG has before people can can even think about widely using the exploit.

I feel relatively safe on the internet now. The only way my security can be beaten now is either through my own stupidity or some super hacker would have to target me with the knowledge that I have PG on my computer and then he would have to figure out a way to both exploit PG and find some way to get me to allow that exploit to run on my PC when I would get a alert on either new or strange programs attempting to execute.....in other words...it is highly unlikely because there are easier targets around with probably more valuable information on their computer.

THANKS FOR PG!!!

Starrob

Last edited: Oct 6, 2004
  14. poogimmal

poogimmal Registered Member

Yes same here! 3.0 beta is EXCELLENT.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.