Application Error- ''Referenced Memory @ 0x00000008...''

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by snaptheapples, Jun 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snaptheapples

snaptheapples Registered Member

I've been using Nod32 for about 2 years (It came with my school laptop). Recently I've been getting this error:

wtf.PNG

It comes up every once in a while I'm on my computer. I used to just deal with it before, but now I've decided its time to fix it.

Any ideas?

Well, to be completely honest I had a similar problem before, but I just reformatted my whole computer(I had to do it anyways, so it wasn't an issue.), but I'd like to avoid that this time around.

2. SmackyTheFrog

SmackyTheFrog Registered Member

3. snaptheapples

snaptheapples Registered Member

Thanks for the fast reply! Unfortunately I was sleeping :(.
    Anyways, tossed the cd in and booted it, it successfully did tests 1-6, but it was going really slow on the extended tests (7-11), I eventually just stopped it at 7 since it was going really slowww, I'll run through it again when I have more time.
    Haven't seen the error in a while though..

4. thermaldy

thermaldy Registered Member

Any luck in later scans, because now I'm getting the same exact error message running WinXP SP3 w/ Nod32 v4.0.467.0

5. SmackyTheFrog

The subsequent (and slower) memory scans use more advanced data patterns that are better at detecting intermittent memory failures from faulty ram. Its best to let a complete pass run with all the extended scans so you can be sure you aren't chasing a hardware issue.

6. thermaldy

Ok, I just let it run through all 11 tests & it returned no errors. Do you have any more suggesstions?

7. SmackyTheFrog

Go to run and execute the program 'eventvwr.msc'. Under the system event log, check and see if there are any red errors complaining disk problems or things of that sort.

8. thermaldy

Doesn't look like it. There are a couple DHCP errors, but nothing related to memory or disk errors since I ran the tests. I think the problem may have solved itself.

9. SmackyTheFrog

Its possible that your pagefile was located on sectors of the disk that were bad, and when parts of ekrn tried to page back in to ram the action failed and the hard disk automatically remapped the bad sectors. You would need something that can read SMART data off the hard drive to see that.

10. thermaldy

ok, just got the computer back from my boss & she says that it has still been popping up with the same error since I gave it back to her. I looked in the event viewer & aside from those dhcp errors, the only errors are from Control Manager stating that "The ESET Service terminated unexpectedly... Reset the service."
    Any more suggestions?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.