Apple Debuts iPhone 5S With New 64-Bit A7 Chip and Fingerprint Sensor

Discussion in 'hardware' started by SweX, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://allthingsd.com/20130910/appl...new-64-bit-a7-chip/?mod=atd_homepage_carousel

2. SweX

SweX Registered Member

FWIW Apple iPhone 5S: Hands On:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXU63NXzg5A

By Anand from AnandTech.com

Last edited: Sep 10, 2013
  3. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I've always felt Anandtech is very Pro-Apple. (Not saying that the video is, i still havent seen it)
    I always take all of their Apple reviews with a grain of salt.

4. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

As are many websites, sadly.

In any case, I'll stick with my $150 Android phone over this. Bigger screen, double the amount of RAM, and better battery capacity.

5. J_L

J_L Registered Member

$549... Well, they could always sell their kidneys for this iCandy in developing countries.

6. roger_m

It $869 in Australia for the 16GB model which is $806 US.

7. J_L

J_L Registered Member

I was referring to the oh so affordable iPhone 5C in multiple candy colours.

From what I've seen, the only noteworthy new feature is the fingerprint sensor, the rest is basically catch-up.

8. roger_m

Well the 5C costs $739 here which is $686 US.

Not exactly the budget phone it is claimed to be.

If Apple really want to compete with Android phones they need to introduce much cheaper phones. The 5C costs 4.5 times what my Android phone did. Sure the 5C will be much better quality, but my phone works fine, really good reception, and fast too with a quad core processor, and if I wanted a better phone, I could get a really good quality Android phone for much less than the iPhone 5C.

9. SweX

SweX Registered Member

Personally I give kudos to Apple for staying with the 4 inch screen, as that is a good size. :thumb: I think no one would complain and feel that a 4 inch screen on a phone is "small" if not the other manufacturers would have started with the 4,5 inch 5 inch and 6 inch phones, and many users have now got used to them instead on good and bad. :D

10. roger_m

I'm on my 4th Android phone. I started with a 3.7" then went to 4", followed by 4,3" and now 4.7" inch.

While at first the 4" screen seemed very large, it took no time to get used to the screen size after which my old Defy and the older iPhones looked tiny in comparison. Now that I've got a 4.7" screen, not even for a second has the screen seemed too big. No doubt when I buy my next phone which probably won't be too far away, I'll opt for an even bigger screen size.

I think people are going to be more than happy with a 4" screen if they are used to having a 3.5" screen. However, if they were to use a larger phone for a few days they'd quite probably find the 4" screen of the iPhone less than ideal.

One of the big problems with the iPhone is that you have no choice of screen size. Whereas with Android you can get anything from 3.5 inches to 6.5 inches. For the record a 6.5" Android phone costs less than half what an iPhone does.

11. Noob

Noob Registered Member

The 5C is a total ripoff. Basically they just relaunched the iPhone 5 in a plastic body and called it a brand new phone and are over charging everyone. :rolleyes:

12. roger_m

The world's most expensive budget phone.

13. Noob

Noob Registered Member

I just read their 5C hands on . . . Once again, very Pro-Apple. :rolleyes:
    Thats one of the reasons i stopped viewing their site, too biased.

14. roger_m

If you can't afford a real 5C there always the $100 copy, the Goophone i5C.

Edit: There are specs for the i5C here.

15. roger_m

Actually Apple are now bringing out a new iPhone 5 which is affordable, the 5F.

16. J_L

J_L Registered Member

Nice one, all it's missing is the price of $399.99 or $199.99 without snake.

The only other noteworthy addition is a 64-bit ARM CPU, which is an obvious evolution. Question is, when will others do the same, if even necessary.

17. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

18. roger_m

19. SweX

SweX Registered Member

http://allthingsd.com/20130913/appl...at-64-bit-question/?mod=atd_homepage_carousel

20. Pinga

Pinga Registered Member

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/sep/23/apple-shifty-about-making-iphone

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.