Appguard discounted price

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by noons, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aladdin

aladdin Registered Member

Dearest Pegr,

Thank you for such detailed explanation.

Best regards,

2. pegr

pegr Registered Member

You're most welcome, and I hope you enjoy AppGuard. :)

Kind regards

3. silat

silat Registered Member

Hi Pegr,

So adding SandboxieRpcSs.exe as a Power App is all one needs to do to use SB properly and without issue? No need to add the C/sandboxie folder also? Sandboxie is installed using default locations.
    EDIT:
    1 cannot add c/sandboxie. AppG will not let me
    2 FF crashes when closing and I get error about container
    3 SB hangs on emptying the SB

And this is taken from Appguard:
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\urlclassifier.pset>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\startupcache>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\startupcache\startupcache.4.little>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\offlinecache>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\offlinecache\index.sqlite>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\y0ytqbnvwj3tjxto0uh3ga==.ico>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\xurx6mfyu7njofer7xmyla==.ico>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\xl2v17k_ziivesogwbs3ow==.ico>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\xbbg64r0nfjwg2zoitap+g==.ico>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\wodyuz9q_vgtmfrxmovpww==.ico>.
    07/18/12 03:32:33 Prevented process <Windows Command Processor> from writing to <c:\sandbox\silat\__delete_defaultbox_01cd64cb3bbf09ea\user\current\appdata\local\mozilla\firefox\profiles\f3k5ih0u.default\jumplistcache\vwqgsh_britrifft2mnanq==.ico>.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012
  4. Moosehead77

Moosehead77 Registered Member

Thanks Pegr. Something useful on this program if you install anything new set it to install. Than back to high, has worked wonders for me. o_O

5. pegr

pegr Registered Member

Yes, you do have to set the protection level to Install in order to install new programs or apply software updates. Part of the protection that AppGuard provides is to prevent software installs from occurring that you didn't intend.

Kind regards

6. pegr

pegr Registered Member

The point of adding SandboxieRpcSs.exe as a Power App is purely to allow applications to be automatically forced to run in the sandbox on launch. If you don't use Sandboxie's forced application feature, you don't need to make SandboxieRpcSs.exe a Power App.

Either way, the sandbox folder needs to be in user-space because guarded applications running in the sandbox need to be able to write to it. You should be able to add C:\sandbox as an exclusion folder under the Guarded Apps tab, setting the access type to Read/Write. If AppGuard is preventing you from doing this, you may need to contact support for assistance. Alternatively, try moving the sandbox folder to another partition if you have one. By default, it will then be in user-space without the need for an exclusion. The location of the sandbox folder can be changed using the Sandboxie GUI.

Also check the protection level. If set to Lockdown, try lowering it to High. High represents the best compromise between compatibility and security, which is why it is the default when installing AppGuard.

Kind regards

7. AMD

AMD Registered Member

Is Appguard similar to having Winpatrol and Secunia PSI or does it have further facilities too ?

8. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Hello, I installed the trial last night. I could not open a browser that was forced by Sandboxie.
    I added SandboxieRpcSs.exe as a Power App , and also to the application exception list
    I keep getting cannot mount registry hive message from Sandboxie.
    Any suggestions please

9. Moosehead77

Mick this is what i did to make sandboxie work. Understand im new at this too so tread with caution. Follow instructions in link its pretty easy.

-http://techexplored.com/2012/04/02/configure-appguard-to-work-with-sandboxie/-

Just remove the dashes at the beginning and end when you place it in your browser addy window.

10. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

Nice one Mousehead77, :thumb:
    I am up and running, excellent. I will continue with the 30 day trial, and see how it goes. Sandboxie is my priority program, but if the two continue to work together, I will buy a license.
    Cheers :)

11. Moosehead77

Congrats....Glad its up and running.

Really credit goes to the person who put the webpage up with the info.

But im glad i was able to help you get to the website.

So your welcome and i hope it works out for you. :thumb:

12. Dark Shadow

Dark Shadow Registered Member

Thats exactly what I did with to setup SBIE and AG to work as suggested by Kid Shamrock in this thread. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=310812

The problem I still have, is a longer then normal to open my browser in sandboxie session and a much longer content deletion on browser close.Two systems here both on windows 7 32 bit and same problem on both.Your mileage may very but for me to Invoc the auto deletion is a pita as It takes approx 30 seconds or so to delete and close,otherwise sandboxie alone is almost instant on both systems.

13. silat

silat Registered Member

Settings were default. Anyway I called Blue Ridge and was advised to put the SB container folder into "user space" as mentioned in this thread by you.
    That seems to have done the trick.
    You were correct and I thank you very much. I was using this program when it was in beta but gave up after many tries as it was making it to hard to use my system. Now after this thread and your posts I am able to use AppGuard without issue.

1. Terminate all programs in SB
    2. Open Sandboxie and go to:
    Sandbox\Set Container Folder.
    Override the default location by typing this in:
    C:\Users\(USER NAME HERE)\Sandbox\%USER%\%SANDBOX%

That will move the SB container folder to the "User Space".

Thanks again to pegr and the rest of you software genius's.

14. silat

silat Registered Member

Ok Im back...
    More problems..

1. Clicking on links in Outlook I get error messages("General failure. The url was .......... An error occurred in sending the command to the application") but it connects to Sandboxed browser after a delay. This error does not occur when I turn off Appguard.
    2. Sandboxie will not empty the box automatically like it is set up to do.
    I have to manually do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.