AppGuard 3.x 32/64 Bit

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by shadek, Mar 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

Where are your browsers located? If they are being blocked by AppGuard in locked down mode, then they are probably in "user space". You can add them to the Guard list and then they should be allowed to launch.

2. mick92z

mick92z Registered Member

I see, thanks for that.

Thats excellent news

Yes, that would be a great idea. Although, your " patented inheritance feature " already solves my particular problem

Many thanks for your support, much appreciated

3. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

"C:\Program Files (x86)\SRWare Iron\iron.exe" and "C:\Program Files\Pale Moon\palemoon.exe"

They will launch in locked down mode, after I switch to High mode, and switch back to Locked down. But not before I first switch to High, after that they launch in Lock down mode.
    This happens after cleaning computer (Privacy Eraser Pro) and re-booting.

Thanks.

4. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I have been trialing appguard on vmware it works good,i have a question about the license though,which unfortunately went unanswered through the contact us page on bluridgenetworks website,from what i believe version 4 is due next year but i cannot find any info about license upgrade cost.
    I would be much obliged if i knew the upgrade renewal costs.
    Thanks
    Would be waste if i have to pay full price for new version again in 4 months time.

5. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very true

6. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

I also had the same question.

7. guest

guest Guest

Anybody knows what features are expected in Appguard 4?

8. arsenaloyal

Okay I did get a reply from Blueridgenetworks, according to them all future updates for current version 3.x are free for now,they might decide to charge a nominal fee for X.0 versions.
    Though they have not mentioned how much exactly the fee would be,but assuming other companies upgrade policy it should generally be about half of the original price.:doubt:

9. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

10. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Why would they not disclose the nominal fee? At least they could say like it's half the price or something like.

11. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

very true my friend

12. Barb_C

Barb_C Developer

I can say with 99% confidence that you will not have to pay the full price when 4.0 comes out. We are very appreciative of all of our current AppGuard users and don’t plan to do anything to the product or the license that would result in unhappy users. That said, as we are still working to recoup some of the development costs – one idea floating around has been to charge a nominal fee for future X.0 versions of AppGuard to existing users. The nominal fee is just one of many ideas. Another is to offer a friends and family discount to current users to pass on when future X.0 versions are released. When a decision has been made, Wilders will be one of the first forums we post an announcement. Regardless, you will be able to use your 3.X version in perpetuity, which offers robust protection and works with Windows 8. We would be happy to consider additional suggestions from you at appguard@blueridgenetworks.com. Thank you for understanding.

13. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

Great.:thumb:

14. Seven64

Seven64 Guest

No, but you will have a lighter wallet :argh:
    I am going to ditch these programs that have yearly fees or pay for upgrades that amount to a yearly fee, not that I want to, I have to in these "Yes we can" times.
    I will stay with all my lifetime license programs, such as Outpost Pro, and Outpost Security Suite, Mbam, Sandboxie, WinPatrol, FirstDefense.
    And trying to scrape enough up for NoVirusThanks EXE Radar Pro, Lifetime License!

15. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

Barb,

What about the people who had the lifetime of updates from major to major? I bought mine even before all the changes and price changes.

16. guest

guest Guest

Everybody want to buy v4 but nobody knows what will be different...

17. molhopicante

molhopicante Registered Member

I have a simple question.

I'm using Online Armor.

Do i need AppGuard?

Thanks.

18. ams963

ams963 Registered Member

No.;)

19. DBone

DBone Registered Member

I'm considering this product and would like to know if any of you experienced AG users would run AG alone, with no other real time security software installed? No SBIE, AV, HIPS, ect... Just on demand MBAM or HMP. Is it that good?

20. Brocke

Brocke Registered Member

I do on my netbook. its very light. Lock down mode or even high levels work well.

I use High mode.

21. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Well, I went ahead and bought a license, and installed it as the first application on a clean install and then set it to install as I loaded the rest of my programs onto the machine. So far so good, but I do have a couple of questions.

After I installed Chrome and loaded my bookmarks, I was able to install AdBlock and Lastpass from the Google Chrome Web Store even though AG was set to High.........Is this behavior normal? I was thinking that I wouldn't be able to add those extensions because it was on High.

I am not running any other realtime protection of any kind, but I do have MBAM for ondemand scans. Should I set it to Lockdown or is High sufficient?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  22. Trespasser

Trespasser Registered Member

Most Chrome extensions are type *.crx, which, obviously, are not considered a threat by AppGuard.

Later...

23. DBone

DBone Registered Member

Thanks for the reply. I only have OS, Chrome, LibreOffice, MBAM, VLC (uninstalled WMP from programs & features) and CCleaner.

I set it to Locked Down and when using Chrome I can not check for updates in "about Chrome", and when I access a video (VLC) or a .doc, .ppt, .xls (LibreOffice) via Chrome, I can watch the video or view the documents/power point with no issue.....Is this behavior normal?

Lastly, when running MBAM, I got no "warning message" in the logs when AG is set to High, but when it is set to lock down I get a "MBAM failed to scan Chrome memory" message in the log. Is this behavior normal?

If you guys have any suggestions based on the limited software I have installed (internet/work machine) please let me know. I am using the default settings with the only changes made were removing Mozilla and Sun in the trusted vendors list............ Still trying to learn this program but it seems pretty stout.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

24. arsenaloyal

My thoughts exactly ! the only program that i use that does not have a life time license is Ease NOD32 AV,on which i got a great discount ;).

but i would rather pay a one time fee than renewing subscriptions.

and BTW Outpost Security Suite no longer has lifetime license,only 3 years max,i tried to bully their staff to let me get one,but did not work LOL

25. pegr

pegr Registered Member

I understand the sentiment but you aren't renewing a subscription. You are paying for a lifetime licence for the major version that you purchase. An upgrade fee is only charged for a new major version, not minor enhancements and bug fixes. If you don't want to pay an upgrade fee, you are free to use the existing version for as long as you want to.

If it helps to put it in perspective, I purchased AppGuard on 21st November 2009 for 18.62 GBP. So far, I haven't had to pay any more. At the time I purchased it, the licence was lifetime for three seats, including all future software updates, but BRN may have subsequently decided that that was unsustainable. I understand that they have to recoup their development costs if we as users want to continue to see AppGuard develop.

I too though would like some transparency about exactly what the current pricing model is, including the situation for early adopters like me who were promised a lifetime licence including all future software updates, as described in the following post: -

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showpost.php?p=1835911&postcount=36

Nowhere at that time did it say that lifetime software updates only applied to the existing major version. It looks like the policy was quietly changed somewhere along the line. I agree that it would be nice to see BRN introduce a new lifetime licence deal for those users who prefer to pay once.

Perhaps Barb will comment on this and clarify the current situation for the benefit of all of us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.