Anyone using Dell Inspiron 8100 with WinXP SP2?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by chew, Apr 11, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chew

chew Registered Member

Hi all

Firstly, I apologise to everyone at Wilders Security Forum for posting about my Dell Laptop realated issues. I know some of you might have a Dell computer so I have to ask.

This is due to the fact that Dell has not got back to me yet. I am desparately trying to get my laptop sorted asap.

I have searched Dell forum regarding this but to no avail. Again I might be searching at the wrong place. I also posted a question on their Win XP SP forum but so far no reply.

If you know where I can find the answers please direct me there. Cheers.

(Moderator, please delete this thread if you feel it is inappropriate for asking none-security related questions)

Questions:

1) Is my Dell Inspiron 8100 laptop system - with BIOS A08, Nvidia GForce2Go 32mb 1640 driver - compatible with Windows XP SP2?

2) Do I need to upgrade my BIOS or Nvidia driver?

3) When I reformat do I need to reactivate or to registered my WinXP OS again? The last time I did with reinstalling of a new HD I did not get product registration ... i.e. the software did not ask me to.

Cheers and all help appreciated.

Chew

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.