Anyone using Bullguard?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by JerryM, Nov 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

I downloaded it on the 5th, but since I did not install it I assume that the 1 year license is not any good.

I was just wondering if anyone had been using it, and your assessment?

Regards,
    Jerry

2. Zetelo

Zetelo Registered Member

I installed it a few days ago, had to uninstall it after the first reboot. It runs pretty light, but the settings were rather confusing than helpful. The interface is not my kind of taste, but as I've said, it's light on ressources.

BUT

The firewall didn't allow me to connect to my Internet, I allowed everything but still, no signal. After uninstallation the problem was solved...

so, it's a no go for me. browsed though their support forum and saw several ppl having the same problem. the bullguard guy has not provided a solution to this yet

3. tesk

tesk Registered Member

Hi,

I have been running for 2 years now on the other computers in the house. There has been no troubles at all. My mum and my brother can use when I told them how to understand a firewall alert. The BitDefender engine is in my opinion a rock solid antivirus engine and the support (both on english and danish) is unique.

It does not allow you to configure a lot of nice settings like KIS or similar, but it does allow the standard computer use to actually use his or her computer without much troubles.

4. Sputnik

Sputnik Registered Member

I have it running on a Windows Vista Business x64 virtual machine. It's fine, I decided to make use of Gizmo's offer since I like the BitDefender engine. So far I can judge now it's pretty fine, a nice touch is that the program fully is a native 64bit application (including the interface and update program). Downside is that it pretty much bumps up the memory usage of "svchost.exe" and slows down the start-up of several programs like Firefox.

5. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks, All.

I was just wondering how many were using it. I agree that the BD engine is a good one, and am using F-Secure which uses BD.

I never intended to use Bullguard, but it is hard to resist a freebie.
    Does anyone know if my assumption that since I did not install it the 1 year free offer is void?

I plan to download A-squared on the 11th, but not sure if I will use it.

Regards,
    Jerry

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.