Anyone tried Farstone Total Recovery 7 Pro?

Discussion in 'backup, imaging & disk mgmt' started by Minor, Mar 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minor

Minor Guest

Hi,
    I'm a stranger here, with poor English.
    Anyone tried Farstone Total Recovery 7 Pro?
    Can anyone tell me your opinion on it?
    Thanks in advance.

2. ronjor

ronjor Global Moderator

3. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Some say good,
    but I do not think it is good.

I think you should try it first by yourself.:D

4. guest

guest Guest

There are better alternative software.

To-do backup (Free&Paid)
    Active@ disk image(Paid)

5. andylau

andylau Registered Member

Paragon, ShadowProtect, Image for Windows/DOS/LINUX and Ghost are also very good.:D

6. sirzune

sirzune Registered Member

I've tried just a day ago when I had to recovery my computer due to software removal glitch. It worked perfectly! But I do have a problem with their stating that it can be recovered in 2 minutes (under 250GBs)-- that's a damn lie!!!! It took over an hour for BOTH procedures: initial copy and recovery. Other than that, it works. I have XP.

7. napoleon1815

napoleon1815 Registered Member

Glad to hear it worked. That's a tool that isn't as "popular" as others on here, and while it wasn't my favorite, I had luck with it as well.

8. sm1

sm1 Registered Member

There is a giveaway for Farstone Total Recovery 7 Express at a Turkish website. It is open to all for 72 hours

Original site:
    -http://www.yasalprogram.com/2011/08/totalrecovery-7-express-hediye-giveaway-72-saat/-

English Translated page:
    -http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?hl=en&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=tr&tl=en&u=http://www.yasalprogram.com/2011/08/totalrecovery-7-express-hediye-giveaway-72-saat/&usg=ALkJrhisM-Q2Xy8eYPnFNCcLtX-PHZL-cA-

Source: -raymond.cc-

9. GSL

GSL Registered Member

One important thing to know for those who are using farstone product is their customer support is non existent!!!

10. napoleon1815

GSL,

I can second that...only ONCE did I get decent replies back...other than that, it's a black hole. I don't mind the product...it's actually solid and the P2V for VMWare is the easiest I have used on any imaging application. They need to fix their website too...outdated and broken links, page flow issues, etc. It's important to leave a good impression!

11. GSL

GSL Registered Member

Their product is great. I tried posting to their official facebook page but their staff kept on deleting the message which implied something is fishy.

12. napoleon1815

There aren't too many Farstone users on here...are you using Workstation Pro 7? What do you like about it?

13. TwistedWire

TwistedWire Registered Member

I am a Farstone Total Recovery 7 Pro user . I use it for cold image backups of my system . I Find it ok and it works with my system I do cold images because I also use Rollback Rx,

As for Farstone customer support cant say what is is like never had to deal
    with then . fingers crossed lol

14. napoleon1815

Thanks for the response. I also use it occassionally for cold imaging (I try to cycle through the various imagers I have over time, as new versions are released, etc.). The many tests I did with cold imaging were perfect for me.

15. GSL

GSL Registered Member

I used total recovery pro to performed a complete PC backup but haven't try the restore option because haven't run into any problem, found that acronis true image to be quite bloated.

Their website claimed that customers who has bought and register the software will receive priority support within 2 business days. This is a total ~ Snipped as per TOS ~, sent in 3 support ticket over the span of 2 months with no response receive.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 17, 2011
  16. napoleon1815

Yeah it's too bad their support is so inferior...not that they are alone or the only guilty party in this respect...very few vendors are really good at support. For imaging, the best experiences I have had have been with Terabyte Unlimited and Drive Snapshot.

17. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Fantastic Product, all i can say i had used acronis in the past until i had some bad images and restore problems. So far ,total recovery has not let me down its simple to use and the universal restore works every time. i have restored servers and numerous workstations with this product. Yes there support is non, i agree on that. Farstone is a dark horse in the market and this goes back from when i first experienced Drive Clone before the name change.The product is in the top 3. A solid product and nice on usb as well.;)

oh and acronis is bloat ware, a shame really. The products just need to be simple,
    forget about O&O, image for windows, and macrium reflect, i have tried the lot.

18. napoleon1815

Thanks legacy,

On USB it is very fast...glad to hear you've had a lot of success, especially with the universal restore. I know with TR Pro you can't use universal restore with images taken offline (cold)...only live. Is this what you do? I know there TR Express (which is just an offline product) does allow universal restore of cold images.

19. legacy

legacy Registered Member

Napoleon,

i have tried the express version, it does work offline with universal restore and it supports servers too, TRP does not support these, so the green application is the way to go also, the express version offers driver support too. defo good software.

20. napoleon1815

Funny I used the "green" one this weekend with success. I keep coming back to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.