Anyone heard of Postbox?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by berryracer, Feb 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. berryracer

berryracer Suspended Member

I recently started using Postbox instead of the fugly GMAIL online webmail and I must say it's very nice

The license is 9.99 USD for 1 user or 15 USD for 2 users

very clean interface and it has the same GMAIL labels

It is compatible with most Thunderbird Add-Ons which makes it even better. I installed the Zindus Add-On which synchronizes my Gmail contacts :)

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  2. jo3blac1

jo3blac1 Registered Member

Yeah it's just what I was looking for. One thing I am unsure is how to make postbox start minimized in system tray.
    I am glad Postbox is now supporting exchange.

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
  3. berryracer

Not exactly a startup minimized but nice to have....

Postbox 3 includes support for the Minimize To Tray Add-on. The add-on can be downloaded here. For instructions on how to install an add-on see:

http://postbox-inc.com/extensions

Attached Files:

4. ViVek

ViVek Registered Member

Postbox is great e-mail client

5. jo3blac1

Yeah I have that extension. However it doesn't really solve my problem. I need to have Postbox start at the system tray so that it can notify me when new mail arrives. I don't want to double click desktop icon 4 times a day 1460 times a year.

6. berryracer

It does notify you when you get new mail. you get a mail icon in the taskbar just make sure you have it set to always show in the taskbar properties :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And add a shortcut of Postbox in the start-up folder

Attached Files:

7. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

You might be interested in PopPeeper - notification - easy to set up. I use it and Thunderbird for my mail and it works great. Been using it four or five years now and never any problems. Check it out....http://www.poppeeper.com/

8. berryracer

yeah but the program itself does show you a mail icon as shown in the image above when you get a new email.

it just may be hidden in the taskbar icons and you have to set it to "Always Show" in the taskbar properties

9. pegas

pegas Registered Member

Or Pop Tray http://www.poptray.org/ Also decent application.

10. jo3blac1

No. I tested Postbox and I sent myself an email from my browser. The Postbox application was closed and it would not notify me of new email. There is no apparent service that would do this job.

11. berryracer

Oh I didn't mean to have Postbox closed. I meant keep Postbox running in the system tray using that add-on I showed you above, and once you get a mail you'll see a notification icon.

12. jo3blac1

I already have that addon installed. But my problem is that every time I start my computer 4 times a day, 1420 times a year, I have to double click on the postbox icon. I need a solution that would start postbox in the system tray every time that the computer restarts.

UPDATE:
    Well I found a partial solution. Still not as elegant as having postbox start automatically with windows in the system tray but I think good enough.
    I basically added postbox into start up folder and then in the properties I selected "start minimized." That way when I boot, I can boot directly into desktop while Postbox is opened in the background.
    Still the developers should have a notification service running. I am currently running the 30 day trial.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.