Anybody like Rescue Kit 10 Pro???

Discussion in 'Other Paragon Disk Utilities' started by pszilard, Aug 21, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pszilard

pszilard Registered Member

As an IT techo, I purchase dthe Rescue Kit 10 Professional after an email mail out. The very day I got it, a customer broke his Windows 7 Pro 64bit machine, so I thought "Great opportunity to try out the Rescue Kit". I went out with both the WIN PE and the Linux based CDs.

They were of absolutely no use! The PC would boot of the HD. The Rescue CDs, were useless in making the disk bootable. Only thing they would allow is to copy files off, which I could do anyway.

I feel that I have wasted my $$ buying this, however I would love you guys to convince me otherwise.

Has anyone one found the Rescue Kit 10 of use? Please share...

2. SIW2

SIW2 Registered Member

I have Rescue Kit 9.

It is very useful.

Password blanker is the best/easiest to use you can find anywhere.

Registry Editor is very handy.

File transfer Wizard can be a lifesaver also.

The boot corrector will correct boot.ini and /or bcd entries.

What it won't do is replace ntldr, ntdetect.com, or the Vista/7 boot critical files.

That is because the PE 2.1 license doesn't allow them to include copies of the files needed to do that.

It isn't difficult to extract the files from the RK WinPe2.1 .iso, extract the boot.wim, drop copies of bcdboot.exe and bootsect.exe from 32bit win 7 into system 32. Also put cmdgo.bat in System 32.

( put this line a text file and save it as cmdgo.bat )

start %SystemRoot%\System32\Cmd.exe

Add a folder somewhere, e.g. in Program Files, called XPBOOTFILES or similar, put copies of ntdetect.com and ntldr in there.

Then just add entries to the Paragon launcher.ini to point at notepad.exe and cmdgo.bat

Remake boot.wim, remake the .iso and you can access those from Notepad>File>Save (to browse the drive and run apps. ) , or by selecting the cmd entry and run command files e.g Diskpart, bcdboot, bootsect from the command line interface.

Only takes 10 mins to do that.:)

Hope it helps.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.