Anybody had success with installing PestPatrol v9...?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by farmerlee, Oct 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Just tried to install the new pestpatrol 2007 version 9 on my computer running XP but keep getting this strange error. Anybody else had this error?

Attached Files:

• PP.JPG
      PP.JPG
      File size:
      34.6 KB
      Views:
  2. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

If I remember correctly (I have Version: 8. 0. 0. 6), you need internet connection as the components are also being updated (or downloaded?) during installation.

Did you disconnect from internet while installing? It could also be that your firewall was blocking the connection?

3. farmerlee

farmerlee Registered Member

Well my router does lock up from time to time which cuts internet access so its possible that happened when i was trying to install it, guess i'll have to try again later. Thanks.

4. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

No problem.

I guess things have changed since version 5 which doesn't require internet access at all while installing.

I encountered error once during installation of Version 8 as I thought internet connection was not required.

The second time I tried with internet connection was successful & components were updated. The files might be big as it took me awhile to complete.

5. Frank the Perv

Frank the Perv Banned

I received that same error message. I also received anther error message.

After trial and error, I finally got it to load.

If you still did not get it to load, let me know, and I'll let you know how I did it.

It sometimes conflicts with the 'system guards' part of McAfee.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.