Any way for NOD32 to show what it's doing?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by lillmommas, Aug 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lillmommas

lillmommas Registered Member

(I searched the forum before posting)

Hello

I'm trialling NOD32 after giving NAV2004 the flick. There were many things I didn't like about NAV but one thing I did like was it's pop-ups to show that it was scanning incoming/outgoing emails or scanning the contents of a zip file when you extracted it.

For those of you that haven't seen this - NAV displays animated Icons in the system tray or pops-up a box as notification that it's doing it's job.

Can NOD32 be setup to this?

The only thing I've seen as an option in NOD32 is to add a footer to email (which isn't really user notifcation . . .)

Good forum - Many Thanks.

2. Blackspear

Blackspear Global Moderator

The new Beta scans all HTTP traffic into your computer, it has a translucent popup window in the task bar, I think that will be as close as you can get to what you are use to...

Hope this helps...

Cheers :D

3. lillmommas

lillmommas Registered Member

Thanx Blackspear . . . I already know you've got a great engine - it's all about the dashboard now! LOL

4. Jagur

Jagur Registered Member

To expand on this question... I'm running the latest beta and have noticed that groovy little transparency too. I like it so much, in fact, that I'm curious how it can be enabled for ALL incoming files, rather than just the "download progress of larger files" as it puts it in the IMON options. Is there a registry key or something that defines the size of an incoming file which triggers that transparency, and can it be altered? Frankly, I love being able to see what's going on behind the scenes every time I fire up my browser or another online application, and I'd like it even more if I could see everything=)

The Wrath of Kahn

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.