Any update servers other than u1-4.eset.com?

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Patrick99, Mar 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patrick99

Patrick99 Registered Member

Any update servers other than the internal configurated server (u1.eset.com,u2.eset.com,u3.eset.com,u4.eset.com) ?

2. Paul Wilders

Paul Wilders Administrator

Eset adds servers in case there's need for it. You will be able the grab the full scope by using

http://temp.eset.com/nod_upd/

in your update setup.

regards.

paul

3. Marcos

Marcos Eset Staff Account

Please clarify me why do you need to update from other than the 4 standard servers. I don't assume there can be a problem updating from all servers at the same time.

4. Spoonfed

Spoonfed Guest

Perhaps he is having the "damaged file" issue when trying to download updates off the "default" servers and looking for a work around (NOT something the customer should be doing).

5. angelo_lopes

angelo_lopes Registered Member

I post this question to Eset's support. As usual, they didn't answer me.

When one installs NOD32, Setup of Automatic Update lists the following servers: www.nod32.com, www.eset.sk, www.esetsoftware.com.
    After first update, servers change to mentioned u1-u4.eset.com.

Does anybody know why?

(My problem: I bought 150 licences (AV-2140026) Some laptops remain with the initial servers, *not* u1-u4, and I am not able to update via the internet. Server connection error. Of course I am connected to the internet, but this is not my question to the forum)

6. anotherjack

anotherjack Registered Member

Angelo - The servers can be and are redefined as necessary by NOD updates, based on capacity needed. They can add more servers as necessary to handle any additional load. Our initial install that we use at our company (~2500 licenses) loads v2.000.2 with the servers defined as you mention above. Once they update from any of my replication servers (mirrors), they're all at 2.000.9 and have had the update servers set to my internal NOD32 servers. My main server, however, goes to U1-U4 for its updates.

On the laptops that are displaying the problem, what program rev are they showing? Have they always (prior to now) been going via internet to get their updates?

7. Marcos

One of the updates numbered 1.6xx forced the update servers to change to the new ones u1-4.eset.com. This change was necessary for proper functioning of backup update servers.

8. angelo_lopes

No. Upon install I select "Setup parameters later", and after reboot, I add my mirror update server and click for the first update. When I check logs I always have two failed updates and the succesfull update via the mirrror. Now I see the problem, but shouldn't the mirror update update "everything"? This is only a question, it's not even an issue!

Thank you very much

9. Marcos

Well, if you install an older version of NOD32 (I guess the latest installer contains vir. sign. update 1.57:cool:, the previous servers are still listed. In order to update the server list, you need to update NOD32. However, if there is a problem connecting to a particular server due to a server overload, an error connecting to server occurs. If that's the case, please try to update a bit later. After the virus sign. database has been updated, the server list will be updated as well.

10. angelo_lopes

I was not doing it. I was relying on my Administrator server, (it lists u1-u4.eset.com) obviously updated via the web with my valid account and on it's updated mirror.
    Again, shouldn't the mirror update update "everything"?

<quote>
    if you install an older version of NOD32 (I guess the latest installer contains vir. sign. update 1.57:cool:
    </quote>
    Is, it is 1578, but isn't this the *newer* version one can download from the internet?

Best Regards,

11. Marcos

If your admin server is up to date and creates a copy of update files properly, all computers in the network should update without any problems. By default, after choosing to update mirror, only virus signatures are updated. To update components as well, you need to select the appropriate component for a particular version of Windows in the Mirror setup.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.