Any point in buying EAM when I have OA++ and Mamutu?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by GrammatonCleric, Sep 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GrammatonCleric

GrammatonCleric Registered Member

Jan 8, 2009
    Anyy difference between having EAM and OA++ and Mamutu? or is EAM in OA++?
  2. Noob

Noob Registered Member

Nov 6, 2009
    EAM is more complete than OA++, also i consider EAM is a lot more granular (More configs) :D

But anyways i'm pretty sure OA++ works better than OA Premium + EAM ;)
  3. shadek

shadek Registered Member

Feb 26, 2008
    I'd say you should stay with OA++ and Mamutu. I'd even say you should run OA++ on its own. According to a Emsisoft official here at Wilders, he doesn't recommend running any OA product with Mamutu.
  4. chris1341

chris1341 Guest

OA++ only scans files unrecognised by the HIPS module/Oasis whitelist etc so scans much less. It is on execution only. This makes it lighter but less granular than OA and EAM.

I no longer use either product but have tried the new versions recently as I still have licences. Both OA and EAM are lighter than they have been before but IMO they are heavy together. I preferred OA++ for that reason. However there are more differences from EAM to OA++ than just the Mamutu component and you might want to scan on create/change, have grater scanning flexibility and take advantage of the full EAM product feature set and therefore be willing to accept greater resource usage.

Emisisoft themselves when I communicated with them recently told me OA++ was not a full featured product and therefore less comprehensive than OA and EAM combo if that makes any difference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.