Any one using bluetooth keyboard/ mouse?

Discussion in 'hardware' started by aigle, Mar 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I have a question about bluetooth key board and mouse.

I have used a wireless keyboard and mouse and they seem to work at the motherboard level. I mean to say, no drivers needed and keyboard will work even in the BIOS and mouse n keyboard will work in any bootale CDs. I am not sure if same is true for a bluetooth keyboard and mouse.

So please, any user can tell me if his bluetooth keyboard works in the BIOS as well. If the bluetooth mouse and keyboard work in all bootable CDS etc? I need to know this before I wil decide to buy either a wireless keyboard or a blue tooth one.

Thanks

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

I have been using a bluetooth mouse on and off, and no, it doesn't work when I try to restore an image through an emergency CD. I have never used a bluetooth keyboard...

3. Bill_Bright

Bill_Bright Registered Member

It depends on the OS and chipset. Note Bluetooth is also wireless, and works with radio waves (RF) just like non-Bluetooth wireless keyboards and mice. As far as the motherboard, in most cases, it just sees the USB port the wireless (BT or regular wireless) dongle is plugged into, and configures for the port.

You really should never need keyboard or mouse drivers on a newer motherboard and OS except to take advantage of any extra features that keyboard and mouse offers.

I have not tested Bluetooth support using a recovery CD to restore an image, but I have used a BT keyboard and mouse to install Windows 8 from scratch on a new computer - and no problems with the mobo seeing the KB and mouse, or recognize input from them.

4. aigle

aigle Registered Member

I think it wil finally end to " try and see " as results can be different with different systems.

I am surprised on one bit similar issue. Touch screen of my windows tablet works fine even in the EUFI BIOS but touch doesn't work if I try a bootable winPE CD.

5. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

They won't work, as blutetooth devices need to be paired to the computer. This can be done easily under Windows, but with a boot CD, most likely you won't have access to bluetooth to be able to do this.

Wireless keyboards and mice on the other hand work because they come with USB transceivers, which handle the wireless, instead of using the computers bluetooth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.