Any luck with Kaspersky support?

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by cobrafirefly, Apr 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cobrafirefly

cobrafirefly Registered Member

I already sent in a support request about this last night, but I would like your opinion on what you think the result might be...

Long story short I have a Kaspersky One license (5 machines, one license). It is currently active on 1 Windows laptop, 1 Macbook, and one Android phone. It was active on another Windows desktop but I wiped that drive and sold the computer. I did not reinstall on that one.

When I tried to install on my new build Win machine it errored out and said I was over my limit on the number of activations for this license. Obviously I am on #4 or at worst #5 depending on how you want to do the math.

What do you guys think Kaspersky is gonna say? :thumb: ? :thumbd: ?

2. er34

er34 Guest

Your only question in this is what we think Kaspersky is going to say? They will say "Well done - you are active Kaspersky user" - you do not mention asking them something specific so the only thing they can say is this :)

If you consider this a problem/issue, then nobody has an idea what and how they will react - you only have to wait.

3. cobrafirefly

Hah, maybe they would respond that way? Basically I just want to install KIS 2013 on my computer with the license I have paid for that should not be over its activation limit.

4. er34

er34 Guest

Yes, but they have more strict policy. Let's just wait and see what they will say :)

5. Brummelchen

Brummelchen Registered Member

wiped before or after* uninstall? that's the only point.
    if you wiped before uninstall kaspersky is done with you, you have to prove you really wiped. if they will be fair, thy reset that number.

* "after" is not really possible...

this behavior concern a lot of programs, be careful.

6. lodore

lodore Registered Member

they should sort it out.
    My friend recently installed his one user license on his desktop which was also installed on his laptop. his license was temporary blocked. he uninstalled it from his laptop and submitted a support request and next day license was unblocked.

7. cobrafirefly

So no reply yet, but that's normal from what I understand. Things don't look super good though because I definitely didn't uninstall before wiping the computer. Obviously an error on my part, I just hope they dont make me pay for it. Also, I should still have at least one activation left regardless of whether or not they count the lost one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.